• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers Manchester stations - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bruebunny

Yup. Unfortunately in the second paragraph. Same story every single time, will never ever make it past the sift.

kelv

Yup. Unfortunately in the second paragraph. Same story every single time, will never ever make it past the sift.

I've just been downloading all of my applications for when the Northern site possibly packs in at the end of the franchise, I've managed to get through the sift for the conductor apps eventually by changing what was on the application until I managed to get what seemed to get me past that 1st hurdle. I passed the SHL tests but didn't get through the new Saville one for which they told me that there isnt necessarily a pass/fail it creates a profile that they assess against the job (story of my life that when I finally got to sit the tests they added that one tbh). Not sure where I got to with this application as they seem to progress you without a notification if you already passed the tests.

In Total there were 14 different applications I'd put in over 18 months from Customer Service Assistant, Dispatcher, Fitter, Wheel Lathe, Trainee Conductor & Trainee Driver. I reckon that some of the earlier applications for Cust Service etc I'd progress further with now as what I had in my application has altered quite a bit from the 1st to the last ... getting through the sift is a learning curve in itself really.

Very disheartening when you get the rejection emails but to be honest I wasn't too confident with this 1 due to a recent failure in a trainee conductor role, I'm presuming that my Saville 'result' is where my applications get to each time, which I would've liked another crack at really because Northerns HR told me that they'd had a go at it & found it to be both confusing & in some ways not appropriate to the job. I found out that the test they have you do is what is used for graduates going for senior management positions.

Anyway, here's hoping that with the new franchise will come a clean slate & a whole load of opportunities & hopefully some success.

cin88

Just got sifted out. Makes me even more annoyed that I didn't get the enhanced standard for TPE in december to be honest.

kaine19

I just rang hr. Because I got an interview and couldn't attend due to been on holiday then got email of doom yesterday my self. She said it was a glitch with the system. Not every one will be discarded just yet

Lucky63

Originally received the email of doom but then the application status changed back to 'open', now have an interview next week.

Not sure on Northerns format, it seems strange it is in a hotel and not depot.

Louby

Originally received the email of doom but then the application status changed back to 'open', now have an interview next week.

never been at depot as far as I know of , good luck

Silv1983

There are no empty rooms kept aside for recruitment drives at depots. Space is at a premium, security is obviously a feature - and access can be long winded. Hotels are spacious, clean, well-lit - with decent seating, facilities, tea, coffee, toilets etc - and are easy to find.

I was interviewed in a damp, windowless room with rusty pipes and peeling paint. It stank of damp and the table wobbled and the whole thing nearly put me off!

Give me the Hilton or MacDonald any day of the week...

kaine19

I had my tpe interview at the depot. But interviews are last in there staging. Like i said the rejection emails were a glitch. Not all but a lot were.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Any one received another glitch email.... I did. I was unsuccessful at interview.... not had it yet haha

kaine19

I got my interview monday at 9am. So I'll just turn up still of course as shouldn't have got that email

cin88

Has anyone else been unable to email in to confirm that you're going to the interview? I've had fail to send notices from both of my email accounts.

kaine19

I sent mine had no email back apart from been unsuccessful even though haven't done it yet haha
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Any one heard anything from interviews this week?

Chappers2315

Haha it's either we were really bad, or they shortlisted plenty for interview...
The amount of applicants is always high though for these positions

kaine19

They planned 6 days straight anyways I remember hr telling me. Medical should just be what you want and comfortable in. Don't think you will be assessed now ha

Lucky63

Some people who went on interview last week also got invited to do tests a few days later.
I presume this was based on a strong interview score.

kaine19

Yeah no doubt. Fair play. I believe the assessment for next week have been postponed any one know out about it...

Chappers2315

Had my interview week last Tuesday but still no news on email or via the webpage. I've just been diagnosed with MS, so I'm out of the running now but would still be interested to see if I got past the interview.
Good luck to everyone on here. I'm currenlty a copper and have been for 10 years, this selection process is certainly more testing that the ones designed for prospective police officers.
Anyways, good luck everybody. This is one of those dream jobs that's out of my reach now but I wish you all the best.
Cheers

kaine19

Excuse my ignorance what is MS... and if it stops you been a train driver and you passed that would be very unlucky

Ambdan

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis bud, can only imagine your disappointment. I know a couple of people with the same condition and they manage it well and have decent careers. All the best

Chappers2315

Multiple sclerosis, I had been going through the recruitment process with a diagnosis of clinically isolated syndrome (single episode) and there was a chance I'd get through with cards on the table at medical (advice from occy health) but things have changed.. Put it this way, I wouldn't employ me now in this arena.
And I'm one less competitor for you guys now haha!
but seriously, this is a beast of a recruitment and selection campaign and good luck folks. Persistence always pays.

Status
Not open for further replies.