• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers with Avanti

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz962

Established Member
Just came up on my LinkedIn and I just looked at the Avanti website. Opening for trainee applications on February 28th , so plenty of notice to keep an eye out.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kajojek3232

I’m assuming Avanti don’t accept relocation for drivers do they? I know very few TOCs do.

karlbbb

Thanks, set a calendar reminder for this. Better start researching everything I can before then!

Economist

I know of lots of qualified drivers who had interviews for Euston last year and someone who is soon to start at Euston.

Despite the state of things recently, it's a great opportunity for trainees though. I remember the days when their only trainees were internal and a competitive qualified driver applicant had about five years in the seat and a clean record.

secretd.river

Yeah I think I remember them advertising last year, would be good to get an application in at some point. Guess waiting game.

Junk_girl

Anyone know if they’ll be accepting qualified on this recruitment drive too?
I was told this campaign was for trainee’s but to keep an eye out for the careers page as from time to time they do advertise for qualified drivers… so that is what I will be doing :)

secretd.river

I was told this campaign was for trainee’s but to keep an eye out for the careers page as from time to time they do advertise for qualified drivers… so that is what I will be doing :)
Yeah wicked, so frustrating though when you see on Twitter “staff shortages” obviously isn’t 100% correct but if you need staff it’s a lot quicker to recruit qualified than trainees.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
We’ll close this for now as this is very speculative currently. When the actual vacancy becomes live, please make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.