• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver (and now qualified/'part-qualified') - Newcastle - East Coast Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevt5034

Good luck to everyone who has been through their DMI either today and over the last week.

hopefully we get good news - well 13 at least

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dobb

They told me on Thursday that would find out Friday but guess it will be Monday.
I believe its a September 1st start

Dobb

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't been informed. Was nervous for a bit thinking the people they wanted had been told

Dobb

It hasn't been officially announced, not that I'm aware of anyway. There have been mentions of 35k while training and 60k qualified. But again not sure how accurate that is due to not written down and was just word of mouth

train-safe

Yeah I was told I would hear yesterday as well and heard nothing, figured I hadn't gotten through when I heard nothing.

kevt5034

Yeah I was told we’d find out on Monday at the interview on Thursday - this was after being told earlier in the week it’d be Thursday night/Friday so they must have had other things going on.

On my assessment day we were advised the same as Dobb. Paul said “I’ve been asked this a lot so if your wondering .... training salary will be £35knothing official though.

DMI was very different to what I was expecting; nothing rail related or company related (East Coast or FG), actually didn’t seem that long for me!

Does anyone know how many were interviewed? I know on my day 2 others got to MMI - nice genuine lad and lass, hope they got through to the DMI.

We’ll all find out on Monday - least if it is bad news it hasn’t spoilt the weekend.

KJ83

The salary was confirmed at my assessment day by the guy from FG, 35k training 60k once qualified

Was also mention of a slight increase in the number of positions with the possibility of a few more, maybe thats why they are waiting till monday?
They are still aiming for a Sept 1st start, which is tight considering there is still a medical to get through and references to be checked.

DM4

Yeah I was told we’d find out on Monday at the interview on Thursday - this was after being told earlier in the week it’d be Thursday night/Friday so they must have had other things going on.

On my assessment day we were advised the same as Dobb. Paul said “I’ve been asked this a lot so if your wondering .... training salary will be £35knothing official though.

DMI was very different to what I was expecting; nothing rail related or company related (East Coast or FG), actually didn’t seem that long for me!

Does anyone know how many were interviewed? I know on my day 2 others got to MMI - nice genuine lad and lass, hope they got through to the DMI.

We’ll all find out on Monday - least if it is bad news it hasn’t spoilt the weekend.

Did you have your assessments on Tuesday 21st?
I was told we would find out at the start of the week during my interview. Good luck everyone

kevt5034

Did you have your assessments on Tuesday 21st?
I was told we would find out at the start of the week during my interview. Good luck everyone

yeah I had mine on 21st - MMI felt like a very long interview compare to DMI

DM4

I was wondering how the two of yous got on. I was the other lad that got to the MMI. Fingers crossed we make the cut now.

KJ83

We all probably feel a bit like that, I felt like the initial interview went well, the testing was ok , wouldn't say I enjoyed it lol ... The MMI I had no idea how it went , and the DMI I felt was ok till one simple question and I choked!!! I just hope the don't judge me on that one question.

They want to move away from the traditional driver role and be more customer focused so I banged on about safety and customer service as much as possible, just hope that's what they are looking for

beeb375

Yeah I just felt like I never lost my initial nerves and also didn't have great answers to a couple of the tougher questions. It's a shame because the first interview and the MMI both went very well. Still, the fact that I gave what I thought were weak answers have encouraged me to look at what more I can do in my current job to improve those areas in the future, so not all bad.

Dobb

just curious wether anybody has started to find out about this role yet? if they need people to get through the medical and work a notice ready for 1st september then they need to start informing people surely.

Thanks

beeb375

just curious wether anybody has started to find out about this role yet? if they need people to get through the medical and work a notice ready for 1st september then they need to start informing people surely.

Thanks
We're hoping for news today

train-safe

Can only presume they are having to sort some issues out today before contacting people, like someone said previously perhaps needing more numbers than they originally thought?

Dobb

Possibly but considering most jobs need 4 weeks notice they are cutting it a bit fine for medical also

Dobb

Yeah hopefully either way. Good luck people and let us know how you all get on

Status
Not open for further replies.