• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver (and now qualified/'part-qualified') - Newcastle - East Coast Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunnyT

I'm the same, booked in for interview next week. Good luck!

Which interview is this for? The Drivers Managers?

I had my Stage 2 and MMI back in January, passed that and haven't heard anything since

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heedfan

Which interview is this for? The Drivers Managers?

I had my Stage 2 and MMI back in January, passed that and haven't heard anything since

Are you sure you are on the right thread? This position wasn't advertised until late February.

Irish Rail

May
I find it very odd that I appear to be the only one on these forums who has had a rejection email so far. I guess they thought my application was the worst of the worst :(
Maybe you’re the only one honest enough to post that you’ve been rejected, others may have given up on the thread.

heedfan

May

Maybe you’re the only one honest enough to post that you’ve been rejected, others may have given up on the thread.

I see from the TPE thread that you have an interview this week for this role - good luck!

J4mes

My brothers got a Zoom interview tomorrow. Anyone had theirs willing to offer info on what was asked?

JonnyBoxer

Nothing here, have done any tests with any other TOC. Completed the original on line tests and why I wanted the position.
Not given up, just put it to the back of my mind.

KJ83

Had the email a few days ago and booked for interview via Zoom next week.

Anyone whos had theirs care to give a head up what it is? normally we'd be doing stage I test etc ... is it an informal chat? is it the management interview youd normally get at the end of the process?

dan4291

Anyone whos had theirs care to give a head up what it is? normally we'd be doing stage I test etc ... is it an informal chat? is it the management interview youd normally get at the end of the process?

My understanding was that it was the DMI equivalent. I already have my psychometric tests under my belt.

KJ83

I dont... I'm a "long time listener, first time caller" so to speak :)

I've applied for various TOCs inc 2 with FIRST, (TPE and HT) I re did my CV for ECT and tailored it more from what I do now to suit train driving, had put ECT to the back of my mind with COVID19 going on, so was surprised to get the email. I've done A LOT of home work over the last 4 months and I'm ready to give this my all.. but wasnt sure what to expect with a 30 min Zoom video call. I know Northern often do the DMI first.

I've prepared for it as if its a DMI

THE158

[/QUOTE
Have you done them with another TOC?

Last edited:

alandavies80

Anyone else had an interview and how do you think it went. Also anyone had a rejection email after it or a phonecall saying your through.

alandavies80

Hey, yeah I've had an interview. Really not sure how it went but I'm like that with every interview I've had for previous jobs. Nothing as yet but I do know they are still interviewing this week. How about yourself?
Had interview last Friday, same as you not really sure how it went but fingers crossed. I messed up at the start by missing my time slot due to problems with zoom but managed to get one in an hour later. Good luck.

Chris_1892

Nothing back as of yet but I know they were still interviewing this week, Should hopefully hear back sometime next week. They said the Psychs would be in July and beyond that an MMI, Medical all in the hope of a start on 1st September. Very nervous but Good Luck to you all!

KJ83

It will have to go fairly quick then no? if most people need to give a month notice at current job that means all test, DMI and medical done and a job offer before end of July?

heedfan

It will have to go fairly quick then no? if most people need to give a month notice at current job that means all test, DMI and medical done and a job offer before end of July?

I'd say so. Don't forget that usually in the railway the notice period is a lot longer than a month. Could be tricky for some people.

Dobb

Had my interview and I don't think it went well. There were some random questions that threw me out. Did anyone else get any random questions?

KJ83

I get the feeling they may have been centred around your experience etc i think we all got asked different questions.

heedfan

My questions were definitely centred around my experience but I wouldn't say there was anything in there that I wouldn't have expected in a drivers interview. I thought it was thorough and tailored to my experience.

PickleTree

Yeah, I totally got some random questions to that were not what I expected from a drivers interview at all. So, I'm the same as you, kind of not feeling to optimistic. It's all experience though.
What sort of thing do you mean by random?

KJ83

My questions were definitely centred around my experience but I wouldn't say there was anything in there that I wouldn't have expected in a drivers interview. I thought it was thorough and tailored to my experience.

Same, mine was all about my past experience and how I can apply that to the railways and stuff.

JonnyBoxer

I’m out.

had a Zoom interview and thought it went really well to be totally honest. E-mail letting me know I was unsuccessful.

best wishes to those who remain.

KJ83

I’m out.

had a Zoom interview and thought it went really well to be totally honest. E-mail letting me know I was unsuccessful.

best wishes to those who remain.

Ah sorry man! I guess they dont offer feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.