• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagazon

competency interview test...
I have never heard about that test, can you please just tell us what the test looks like?
I have passed all assessments but still waiting for any email...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just a theory.....Is there anyone that has had an invite for the online assessment who has already passed the psychometric tests? Maybe they are going to let people who have already passed them skip the online tests :p

Wishful thinking I guess!

Even the qualified applicants are having to do the online test. God knows why.

atochopefull

Just a theory.....Is there anyone that has had an invite for the online assessment who has already passed the psychometric tests? Maybe they are going to let people who have already passed them skip the online tests :p

Wishful thinking I guess!

I love your theory...hope you're right! Applied giving Kings Cross as a preference (but prepared to relocate) and not heard anything yet.
It would appear the HR department have given themselves a much deserved break today, because it would appear no-one has heard anything today.

To be seen to be fair to all candidates maybe??

Will the qualifieds have to do the initial assesment centre?

No idea, I only found out about them doing the online stuff yesterday. I suppose it depends how many qualifieds applied. I does seem a bit daft them having to do the online stuff though. I could understand if it were additional psychometric tests like what west coast do.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
No idea, I only found out about them doing the online stuff yesterday. I suppose it depends how many qualifieds applied. I does seem a bit daft them having to do the online stuff though. I could understand if it were additional psychometric tests like what west coast do.

Cheers for reply

Maybe they will end doing that, I know TPE do Qualified assesments also..

Scuba2208

Still heard nada. Applied on the 4th of October so I don't think there appears to be a pattern of how they are doing the sift.

Kudos to the HR team for taking the time to look over all these applications though.

choochoochoo

Established Member
I applied on closing date (14th October) and am hoping my application made it through.

Anybody else apply on this date and heard anything back yet ?

I presume the fact the ad was still up when I applied means they were still taking applications ?

xtradj

I got the checking email same as everyone else at 2pm yesterday then 4 hrs later got an invite to do a competency interview test. I then went to do my checking test and there was nothing behind the link to the test apart from a secure login screen to which I have no email or password.
I think sending the second test wiped out the checking test. I've emailed recruitment.

Oh mate the login screen you register with your email address you used to apply with pal and you create a password. Then it will show your test

purplejonesy

I applied on closing date (14th October) and am hoping my application made it through.

Anybody else apply on this date and heard anything back yet ?

I presume the fact the ad was still up when I applied means they were still taking applications ?

I sent my application off the day before and I am still waiting to hear back as well

Jamieponty

I sent mine on the closing date. Completed the checking test last night.
Good luck everyone

stjimmy87

Sent mine in on 7th Oct, still waiting. I'm with virgin media and I keep getting emails from them so I read the "Virgin" part and get excited then disappointed.....I'm happy with my bundle go away

Good luck all

Swampster

It's possibly down to what I said previously in that this round of testing is an additional step they've added in the process due to the overwhelming response they've had.. basically using this online test to whittle down the pool prior to going for proper assessments.

So to ensure equality through the process everyone getting through the sift has to take this test, and if any of the already qualified get through the online test phase it wouldn't surprise me if they were able to skip some of the assessment phases ahead if it duplicates what they've already done..

That's all speculation of course, but it sounds convincing enough for my little head :)

Gas18

I'm waiting for Newcastle - so I'm thinking at the minute no news is good news

rtw162

My mate applied for Newcastle and he got an assessment last Friday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zygote23

What does the checking test involve. Got my checking test in the email yesterday, but nit sure what it involves. What is it checking??

Status
Not open for further replies.