• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBH

I did it through the application on the website not directly from my email account.

FManc

I did it through the application on the website not directly from my email account.

I don't recall that being an option :s
You had to send your covering letter and CV to the email address provided on their website didn't you?

stretchdj74

I applied the day before the deadline and have received an email asking to do an online assessment. I notice when you go to the SHL site you can do online tests but are these all relevant to the actual test? Or do you get a practice when you start the proper test? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I heard nothing until Thursday, I'm currently living in Devon but have said I would be happy to relocate.

djsmith200

dont panic i got this same reply last night then a couple of hours later another to say resend CV and cover letter (from a person not a robot)

Ive also emailed due to my lack of response, but I wasnt asked to re-submit, instead I got this......

"Hi there,

Thanks for your email. Great to hear from you.

The Talent Team are currently dealing with unprecedented numbers of applications for the Azuma driver recruitment. So please accept our apologies if you are emailing to find out your current status....Our commitment to you is still the same, we will be in touch with every applicant to update on their individual application , however this may take a few more days.

Thanks again for your patience."

Got feeling mines been lost and no chance to re-submit

Nixon

Is it usual for TOC's to accept applications from people stating they are willing to relocate, or is this VTEC trying to be as inclusive as possible? When it comes to the crunch I wonder what percentage actually would up sticks?

stretchdj74

Is it usual for TOC's to accept applications from people stating they are willing to relocate, or is this VTEC trying to be as inclusive as possible? When it comes to the crunch I wonder what percentage actually would up sticks?

True, I am :)

JRE

Apologies if this is a stupid question guys and girls, but to all the people who've emailed Virgin for an update on their application and been told that they hold no record of their application - was this e-mail sent before taking the online assessments or after taking the online assessments?

I've taken the online assessments, but haven't heard anything back since. Getting quite worried that I've been missed somewhere down the line?

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Just a cautionary note, remember HR Folks and Driver Managers have a look on here and other forums every now and again..

Just be careful what you post ????????????

Stepa_egg

just a quick FYI, I've sent the recruitment team an email earlier on today and this was their replay,

Hi there,

Thank you for submitting your application and interest for the position of Trainee Train Driver to the Talent Team at Virgin Trains East Coast.

The closing date for applications was 14th October 2016 and we are unable to accept any applications submitted after this date.

Anyone who has completed the online verify assessments, we will be in touch with everyone by the close of play on the 21st November 2016.

The Talent Team have now made contact with everyone who had applied by the 14th October, however we have been made aware that some emails have not been received or are hiding in junk mail!!
If you applied prior to the 14th October and have not yet received and update, can you please forward your original email application (CV and cover letter) and a member of the team will be touch ASAP.

Thank you again for your interest in the role and please do keep an eye on our website for any other roles that may be of interest.

Have a great day!

The Talent Team

Bucko

Had an email to resend my original application.

So I did and I immediately rec'd another email saying that closing date for applications was Oct 14.

I knew mine would be one of the ones lost/not rec'd.

Not impressed

Brian88

I found the assessment much harder than the practice. Wonder how fair it is for dyslexic people

stretchdj74

I found the assessment much harder than the practice. Wonder how fair it is for dyslexic people

If you click to take the assessment from the link on the email do you get a practice option there? I have gone to the main SHL site and there are loads of different types?

alpha.romeo

I did the practice and actual test today. I did find the test quite hard, especially towards the end when you had less and less time. Hopefully I've done enough to get through on this stage and have a tackle at the assessment centre and interview!

dazza796

If you click on take assessment it will let you take practice test .
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I know I timed out on 1 and I miss clicked one but I'm confident the rest was ok . I didn't think test was too bad .

Brian88

I'd say it's a fairly even spread to be fair. 15k people applied, your going to have a few thousand apply for the 20 jobs at each depot

Jonb106

Well, it's a no for me. Good luck to all you guys going forward - 78 of you WILL be VTEC drivers so good luck with the course and please make sure you get me to Newcastle on time and safely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.