• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyurl

I spoke with David Horne at the event in York the other week and he said there was a lot happening at Newcastle with a fair amount looking to retire in the next few years, most likely due to an older workforce as you said. He said there should be plenty of opportunity at Newcastle in the next few years so I'm hoping we'll all be ok.
That's reassuring to hear then.
That's because when BR split, a lot of the senior men went to the intercity company's.
Yeah I guessed it would have been something like that, thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sirgerbil

Well, Tomorrow is the day and I start my daily commute to York for the next 20 odd weeks. I intend to try and update my progress where possible but of course, training takes priority.

Thanks again for all the help, and best of luck to those still in the running.

danyurl

Well, Tomorrow is the day and I start my daily commute to York for the next 20 odd weeks. I intend to try and update my progress where possible but of course, training takes priority.

Thanks again for all the help, and best of luck to those still in the running.

Exciting time, good luck with it all!

danyurl

Pssst...is there anybody out there! :D

It's gone deathly quiet whilst we all wait anxiously!

Haha yep, still checking my emails and this forum numerous times a day for any signs of life. Trying hard to forget about it until I hear off them but it's very difficult to do so!

Kaltias

Haha yep, still checking my emails and this forum numerous times a day for any signs of life. Trying hard to forget about it until I hear off them but it's very difficult to do so!

Likewise! Especially since we could be waiting until October :(

Sirgerbil

Very briefly,

First week was all induction and depot induction. Lots of admin, we have cracked into PTS this week and have our practical assessment tomorrow. Still early days but lots of information coming at us already! Structure of the course looks good with lots of front ending to apply stuff we learn as we go!

What I will say is Virgin as a brand and employer has blown my socks off, I expected it to be good but I have been extremely impressed thus far.

vintagegt

Haha...me too man, me too! Itching for any kinda news!

vintagegt

Very briefly,

First week was all induction and depot induction. Lots of admin, we have cracked into PTS this week and have our practical assessment tomorrow. Still early days but lots of information coming at us already! Structure of the course looks good with lots of front ending to apply stuff we learn as we go!

What I will say is Virgin as a brand and employer has blown my socks off, I expected it to be good but I have been extremely impressed thus far.

This is very good to hear. Thanks for keeping us updated on how it's going.

KOA

This is very good to hear. Thanks for keeping us updated on how it's going.

Thanks for the update Sirgerbil. Hope all is going for you and the rest of the group. The wait for any kind of update or commmunication from them is excruciating. I guess good things come to those who wait.....

FManc

It is definitely going to be a long wait for us! It'll be worth it in the end though.
The only thing I'm worried about is location tbh. My first choice is Yorkshire (Leeds) but if I got Doncaster which also falls under Yorkshire, me and my OH need to sell up, find a new property etc etc which all takes time so the not knowing in this respect is stressing me out slightly haha.

Last edited:

Davidson4301

Had an email on Monday from Becky telling me I should receive my contract this week ( October 23rd start). Still nothing as yet but it's looking promising .

CJM

Had an email on Monday from Becky telling me I should receive my contract this week ( October 23rd start). Still nothing as yet but it's looking promising .

When did you take your test, and have you had your medical yet? Just asking so I can put the pieces together

vintagegt

Inside Kings Cross is repeated on Spike (31 on Freeview) at the minute if anyone is interested.

It's a good look behind the scenes and spans more than just KX.

Worth a look if you missed it 1st time around.

CJM

Inside Kings Cross is repeated on Spike (31 on Freeview) at the minute if anyone is interested.

It's a good look behind the scenes and spans more than just KX.

Worth a look if you missed it 1st time around.

Get the swotting in early,

Davidson4301

Finally received my contract yesterday (via email). Soooo happy . I can relax now and look forward to October !

Davidson4301

Cheers. Hopefully the wait for everyone else isn't too long!
Pay when qualified is £60,109 off the top of my head

Davidson4301

I've sent the contract back now but it's roughly
Week 1 - week 20 = £27,000
Week 21 - successfully passing driving competence = £37,000 (around 52 week point )
After passing £60,400

Francis1201

I've sent the contract back now but it's roughly
Week 1 - week 20 = £27,000
Week 21 - successfully passing driving competence = £37,000 (around 52 week point )
After passing £60,400

Hi I've been reading this thread for a while now did you send your contract back via email or post only asking as my email asks for me to send my passport as well and I have emailed to ask for an address but haven't received a reply

Davidson4301

Hi I've been reading this thread for a while now did you send your contract back via email or post only asking as my email asks for me to send my passport as well and I have emailed to ask for an address but haven't received a reply

I just printed it off and returned it to her address on the email.
I emailed to ask her if a copy was ok as I didn't want to send my passport as I'm on holiday soon and she said coloured copies are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.