• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballast rat

Ballast rat...who are you a qualified driver for? I am a qualified driver at Leeds and haven't heard a thing...?

I know 6 non railway applicants and 7 drivers that have applied all for Leeds and nobody has heard....seems they are leaving Leeds till last???

I'd rather not say, but I'm employed by a FOC. I applied for Leeds or Doncaster

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'd rather not say, but I'm employed by a FOC. I applied for Leeds or Doncaster

Ah no worries mate I understand you want to remain private I'm the same.

So they sent you an email to do the tests and then today sent you an email saying ignore the tests?

ash39

Established Member
Anyone managed to successfully use the discount code on the rejection e-mail? I can't see anywhere to enter it on the website!

ballast rat

Yeh it was a name, not the azuma email...I thought it was spam at first lol.
Time will tell, it would be nice for qualifieds to at least get an interview

gazk222

You think I can use the 25% rejection discount in conjunction with my 75% priv? :)

Davidson4301

Still nothing for me. By the sounds of it though it could be early next week before everybody finds out. I'm guessing the people who done the online test won't here back until every other person selected has completed them . Then there will be another sift on those test results?

Last edited:

Davebirty

Just got an email off Virgin....................... got all excited........................... it was about wi-do onboard!!!! ????????????????????????????????????????????????

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Time will tell, it would be nice for qualifieds to at least get an interview

Please don't underestimate the degree of competition, even for the qualified posts. I drive for an inter city firm, doesn't matter which one. When I was recruited as a qualified applicant, they didn't advertise, simply invited from those who'd had the initiative to apply on spec (CVs only held on file for 6 months). That still gave them multiple hundred qualified applicants to choose from, just for my depot, and for a low single figure number of jobs. This situation will be no different.

Qualifieds also need to brush up on interview techniques, etc (Sorry if I'm telling you to suck eggs), as many drivers let themselves down badly. At the interview I had, one chap turned up with a packet of fags showing in his shirt pocket; another late, without having phoned ahead. Needless to say,neither were successful.

Best of luck.

Sirgerbil

Still nothing for me. By the sounds of it though it could be early next week before everybody finds out. I'm guessing the people who done the online test won't here back until every other person selected has completed them . Then there will be another sift on those test results?

If they do the first advertised dates for assessment centres will have been and gone!

amandariot92

Well I got an email for assessment the other night. Just done the assessment and from looking at the results I think I failed.

Disappointed. Never mind.

Good look everyone.

Sirgerbil

Well I got an email for assessment the other night. Just done the assessment and from looking at the results I think I failed.

Disappointed. Never mind.

Good look everyone.

You sure you did the actual test and not the practice? From what I remember the actual test doesn't give you any results on the practice does.

Has anyone actually been invited for assessment centre yet?

I've still not even heard about the initial sift my hopes are fading!!

amandariot92

You sure you did the actual test and not the practice? From what I remember the actual test doesn't give you any results on the practice does.

It give me 19 mins and the clock was counting down and I had 30 questions. Then a different one for 2mins test time.

amandariot92

It won't let me log back on now...
The questions were a paragraph and you were given a sentence that related to the paragraph and you had to say true, false or can not say.

amandariot92

So if everyone is getting different assessments to do how are they going to choose who goes through to the next round??

Swampster

So if everyone is getting different assessments to do how are they going to choose who goes through to the next round??

Generally speaking I don't think people are getting different tests.. granted, the number of people here on this forum is a small sample.. but it would seem that aside for the very odd exception everyone had to do the 'checking test'.

Why there appears to be the exceptions like yourself, only the talent team knows I suppose. Unless it's a faux pas..

Question here.....when writing your cover letters did you all just answer the questions or did you writr a letter with the 5 questions included in it?

amandariot92

I just put dear sir/madam, answered the 5 questions in a list form and then ended with yours faithfully.....

Swampster

Question here.....when writing your cover letters did you all just answer the questions or did you writr a letter with the 5 questions included in it?

I just wrote a brief intro, answered the questions as part of the letter (didn't re-iterate the questions) and an additional closing statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.