• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hopeful2015

I emailed them regarding the two tests I was sent and was told there is aglitch in the system and only to do the checking test because that's what everyone is doing

HD-VTWIN

My letter consisted of:-

Dear Sir / Madam

I wish to apply for the position of Trainee Train Driver with Virgin Trains (East Coast).

Further to the questions outlined on your website:

I have attached my present CV for your perusal. Should you require any further information then do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Incidentally I have had no reply either way (Newcastle)

Dear Sir / Madam

I wish to apply for the position of Trainee Train Driver with Virgin Trains (East Coast).

I have attached my present CV for your perusal. Should you require any further information then do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Well I wrote a formal letter which included the questions within the letter I did not answer the questions exactly and haven't heard either way still!!

I was just trying to gauge if I had done it "wrong" so to speak but doesn't appear that way.

HD-VTWIN

Dear Sir / Madam

Yours sincerely

Well I wrote a formal letter which included the questions within the letter I did not answer the questions exactly and haven't heard either way still!!

I was just trying to gauge if I had done it "wrong" so to speak but doesn't appear that way.
There seems to be various permutations of what folk did. Either like myself or in a more formal letter. I personsally do not think it made a difference - after following this thread. Providing the questions were answered.

I have 'given up' trying to work out or second guess if I made any errors. What will be will be!!

jdr110290

I applied for Leeds and Doncaster on Oct 11th and still havn't heard anything either way. Anyone in the same boat?

Can anyone tell me how long you have to complete the tests, if you are invited to do them? I was expecting to have heard back by now and i'm off on holiday for a week on Saturday so I'm worried I may not be able to complete them.

Also, just to confirm, has everyone only been invited to do checking tests? No situation judgement, numeric, etc?

Thanks

Hopeful2015

Yes checking test only. Any other test given is by error. And recruitment should be contacted if there is no checking test.

I had 4 days to complete mine

Last edited:

amandariot92

Can anyone tell me how long you have to complete the tests, if you are invited to do them? I was expecting to have heard back by now and i'm off on holiday for a week on Saturday so I'm worried I may not be able to complete them.

Also, just to confirm, has everyone only been invited to do checking tests? No situation judgement, numeric, etc?

Thanks

I got 5 days. I had a paragraph for each question and a sentence then had to click true, false or can not say.30 questions, 19minutes to do it.

I applied for Newcastle.

Hopeful2015

I got 5 days. I had a paragraph for each question and a sentence then had to click true, false or can not say.30 questions, 19minutes to do it.

I applied for Newcastle.

I'd contact recruitment if I were you because I got given two tests and they told me one had been sent in error and only the checking test needed completing.
The computer system had a glich apparently

Last edited:

amandariot92

I'd contact recruitment if I were you because I got given two tests and they told me one had been sent in error and only the checking test needed completing.
The computer system had a glich apparently
I had another test after which was 2mins with 2 questions asking about the test....

I had another test after which was 2mins with 2 questions asking about the test....

Don't contact them....pretend you don't know about any tests or anything....

Look at it this way....you may have passed that test but they may send you the other one and then you may fail that one and you would kick yourself!!

I'm sure the tests are application specific testing different things about you.

Hopeful2015

Don't contact them....pretend you don't know about any tests or anything....

Look at it this way....you may have passed that test but they may send you the other one and then you may fail that one and you would kick yourself!!

I'm sure the tests are application specific testing different things about you.

Not the best advice in my opinion.

juniorred

hi, new user here. applied on the 13th for king cross depot but still have'nt heard anything. curious as to why some users on here might think they got rejected?

Stepa_egg

Got the rejection email today (17:46).

Damn it.

Good luck to everyone else!

Don't give up hope, if it's truly what you want to do you'll make it happen.

I still haven't heard, and until I do I'm going to remain positive. I applied for Newcastle on the 13th

atochopefull

Not many people seem to have heard over the last 24 hours if recent posts are to go by. I'm still waiting and applied Oct 6 with Kings Cross as a preference.

juniorred

didnt they say the assessment day for king cross would be on the 8th? must be planning to reschedule if they're still sifting through applications.

Davebirty

Got my "no thanks pal" e-mail tonight at 17:46 also.
As did 2 other people from where I work!!
Good luck to everyone else!

Sirgerbil

didnt they say the assessment day for king cross would be on the 8th? must be planning to reschedule if they're still sifting through applications.

Yeah that was what their initial advert said, I don't see that happening now if I'm being honest. People would need to be invited today to at least give some sort of time to arrange it.

Scuba2208

Remember there are 4 assessment days planned for Kings Cross. They will have probably filled the first one already with the amount of people that have done the checking test thus far.
I applied on the 4th of October for Edinburgh and still haven't heard anything but in the rare event I get through, at least the Edinburgh assessment day isn't until January...

mmbeak78

Sorry to hear that. What depot did you apply for ? I applied Newcastle but still no word

I applied for King's Cross. Was tearing what little hair I have left out waiting, so at least I know now.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't give up hope, if it's truly what you want to do you'll make it happen.

I still haven't heard, and until I do I'm going to remain positive. I applied for Newcastle on the 13th

I recently passed the assessment day with GTR and have been put into their talent pool, but we all know how long things can take from there....but never mind I'll get there eventually ??????
Good Luck with your application!

Last edited:

amandariot92

Right folks I got another email last last with an assessment so I have gone and done it. It was totally different to the one I did yesterday. It was 5 rounds of 5 questions. First round I had 9 secs to do each question, 8 sec for the next etc down to 5 secs on the last round. Is this the correct test?

5thrail

Right folks I got another email last last with an assessment so I have gone and done it. It was totally different to the one I did yesterday. It was 5 rounds of 5 questions. First round I had 9 secs to do each question, 8 sec for the next etc down to 5 secs on the last round. Is this the correct test?

That's the one. How did u get on? Think I would rather have done your original test!

Status
Not open for further replies.