• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian88

Hello,

Thanks for completing your on line assessment as part of your application for the role of Azuma Driver.

I’m writing to let you know that, sadly, we won’t be taking your application further, unfortunately we are unable to provide you with additional feedback. However, we were delighted that you put yourself forward and as a thank you to you for your time, we’d like to invite you aboard one of our trains!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daveo689

Just received the rejection email as well. It was in my junk mail box in case others haven't checked there.

I recorded my screen when I sat the checking test and from what I could see only got one incorrect and timed out on 2 others. So the standards are very high, but rightly so.

Swampster

Aye that's me out.. oh well I knew it'd be a long shot so congrats to those progressing.. and best of luck to you all.

Been nice chatting with you all over the last few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stepa_egg

Just out of curiosity, do you think they will be recruiting for other positions, like conductors, when they start to bring these trains into service?

michaelmjd

Yep I'm a goner to. Onwards and upwards guys. It's a long road out there. Good luck to the successful guys. :) all the best at the assessment centres ;)

Broot

Just received the rejection email as well. It was in my junk mail box in case others haven't checked there.

I recorded my screen when I sat the checking test and from what I could see only got one incorrect and timed out on 2 others. So the standards are very high, but rightly so.

I doubt that pass / failure hinged completely on the results of the test. If you only got 3 wrong I would bet you would be in the top 10%.
It’s more likely that the invites to do the online assessment were based only on a computer algorithm scanning CVs/covering letters.
Then the talent team only reads the CVs that scored say in the top 50% for the assessment, I’m guessing your CV let you down not online assessment if you scored that well.
I would bet if you got a poor score on the online assessment human eyes have never seen your CV.

That’s my guess anyway based on absolutely zero experience of the virgin recruitment process >.<

Daveo689

I doubt that pass / failure hinged completely on the results of the test. If you only got 3 wrong I would bet you would be in the top 10%.
It’s more likely that the invites to do the online assessment were based only on a computer algorithm scanning CVs/covering letters.
Then the talent team only reads the CVs that scored say in the top 50% for the assessment, I’m guessing your CV let you down not online assessment if you scored that well.
I would bet if you got a poor score on the online assessment human eyes have never seen your CV.

That’s my guess anyway based on absolutely zero experience of the virgin recruitment process >.<

Yes I suspect that there was more to progressing than just taking the result of the checking test to move on to the next stage. Unfortunately they do not offer feedback so I will never know what aspect of this particular process let me down.

Determination

That's also me out. Unbelievably gutted but there was a lot of competition here. And still determined to get a Trainee Driver role.

The very best of luck those still in the running.

DT.

tacitus

Just received my rejection letter, it was the standard letter thanking me for doing the online assessment... problem is that I didn't take the online assessment as I was informed that I was sent the invite by mistake as I am already a qualified driver. So now I am confused as to why they rejected me as there was no test score to judge me on.

Jonb106

Just received my rejection letter, it was the standard letter thanking me for doing the online assessment... problem is that I didn't take the online assessment as I was informed that I was sent the invite by mistake as I am already a qualified driver. So now I am confused as to why they rejected me as there was no test score to judge me on.

I also had the same email, but I was rejected at the sift stage and didn't even get a sniff of an online assessment lol

djsmith200

got my rejection this anoon. put it down to experience and crack on. we all needed a hell of a lot of luck anyway. good luck

Daveo689

I also had the same email, but I was rejected at the sift stage and didn't even get a sniff of an online assessment lol

Unfortunately this process hasn't been a great advert for Virgins HR dept. Having said that 15000+ applications is a massive amount to deal with and the odd problem isn't surprising. Although there does seem to have been more than "the odd" problem.

Economist

I'm out of the process too, if it was solely on aptitude tests then it's the first time that's happened to me for a few years. Disappointed, particularly given some of the circumstances.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at the CVs/Cover Letters in more detail when choosing. I'm quite a reserved type so probably didn't match their ideal candidate spec.

Next stop, that trainee driver medical I have coming up in the next couple of weeks...

Best of luck to those still remaining in the process, I wonder if the successful applicants will get to drive Class 91s as well as the Azumas. For me, the older stock is where the appeal lies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.