• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtradj

Had an email this morning saying the slot I wanted was full

So much easier if they had an online automated booking rather than going back and forth

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mark638

Hi,

Had a mail also saying my date was fully booked.
Id gone for 3rd Jan, the afternoon slot in York.They sent a selection dates still open,so ive opted for the 24th in York.

Gemz91

I sent three dates which I was available for on my first email, they just emailed me back asking if I could confirm that i would be able to attend my first choice date (I'll not be saying where or when though). I also wasn't particularly fast at replying to the first email, so may have got lucky!

Not ideal place or time for me, but can't exactly be fussy.

Last edited:

Broot

Confirmed for 19/01 in the toon.

Surprised there was no offer for discounted travel...

see you there! got the same date first choice.

if its a very even distribution of new drivers across the country there is only 5-6 people from each assessement slot will end up with a job.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Just had a mail confirming the place I requested at the York one in January :)

I have a funny feeling I'm not exactly gonna be awesome in group exercises...

Broot

See you there ???????????? it will be interesting to see how many candidates there will be at each assessment. I've applied for the Doncaster position only.

Im guessing (not even an educated guess!) maybe about 50 people per assessment session. that means that with 14 different sessions there could be about 700 people left in the running. If youre in the top 11% of remaining candidates youve got yourself a job! and you are already part of the elite 4.6% of all those that applied!

i have read a few times people saying they have applied for a particular station. Is this something i have missed? i havnt applied to a particular station i only said in my covering letter i live a short drive from newcastle.

do we know how many positions are availible at each station?

Last edited:

AllyB

Just got my email confirming date of assessment centre......anyone know anything about these group exercises involved?

FManc

I also received my confirmation date and luckily also got my 1st choice; I would have really struggled with getting the time off otherwise. I would have preffered one of the dates before christmas but I haven't got any leave left for this year. Let the waiting game begin now haha.

Sirgerbil

I'm now also 24th York.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone else also passed psychometrics?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone else also passed psychometrics?

Yep, all enhanced passes, including MMI.

Ashxmufcx

Top tip...the Azuma team will provide you with a free travel pass to and from your assessment day if you use their east coast service.

Does anyone know if they will be using previous psychometric testing results?

Hopeful2015

Top tip...the Azuma team will provide you with a free travel pass to and from your assessment day if you use their east coast service.

Does anyone know if they will be using previous psychometric testing results?

Don't they have to if they are valid results?

Just had a mail confirming the place I requested at the York one in January :)

I have a funny feeling I'm not exactly gonna be awesome in group exercises...

You've got this far mate so you're doing something right. These group exercises are all an act anyway as are interviews to some degree, so just concentrate on playing the part and good luck.

mr double 77

Im confused ive been told im through too assesment day which im over the moon with, however speaking too someone who as also got this far the email sent too each of us has been different, mine stated the next stage would be phycometric tests ?, then medical.
Here is the problem ive passed the tests as im qualified and when i passed was told by the person on the day my scores were above FTPE standard, even though thats not who i drive for, i believe they have a higher standard than other TOC/FOCs therefore are VTEC aware im qualified and have missed this and sent me a incorrect email response, i obviously want too put my mind at ease and get in touch.However i dont want too be harassing them when there isnt just myself there dealing with , sorry for rabbling on and the best of luck too everyone remaining

Last edited:

Mark638

Im confused ive been told im through too assesment day which im over the moon with, however speaking too someone who as also got this far the email sent too each of us has been different, mine stated the next stage would be phycometric tests ?, then medical.
Here is the problem ive passed the tests as im qualified and when i passed was told by the person on the day my scores were above FTPE standard, even though thats not who i drive for, i believe they have a higher standard than other TOC/FOCs therefore are VTEC aware im qualified and have missed this and sent me a incorrect email response, i obviously want too put my mind at ease and get in touch.However i dont want too be harassing them when there isnt just myself there dealing with , sorry for rabbling on and the best of luck too everyone remaining
Hi,
On the invite to assessment it does say what the next stage is.Perhaps youve only recieved that part of the mail ??

mr double 77

Cheers for your reply Mark i will be querrying it, im down too do mine Tuesday , just presumed it was a generic email and obviously at a later date individuals who have too do the tests will do ! so i will email and clear it up either way ,again thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.