• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers, Freightliner-Various Locations-2020 Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

D5581

Did anyone else struggle to find the answer to the question "what is the max haulage capacity of a Class 70 Loco" on the Freightliner website? I scoured it and found no answer, found something on another site that stated 1900 tons, but I did find an article, https://www.gwrr.co.uk/news/jumbo-train-success/ , on the FL website that states that they had trialed a new service "Weighing 4,624 tonnes, this is the heaviest ‘jumbo’ train currently running in the UK"

I put 4624 tons as my answer to the question, but have noticed that FL only renewed their website in October, the previous version, which when you try to access it, makes your PC give you all sorts of warnings due to security certificates of the website not being recognised, does state that the haulage capacity is 1800 tons.

I know it's my fault, but also I think it's a little bit unfair of FL to use a 3rd party company to ask questions, where the answers are no longer available on the company website. I only came across the old website by pure fluke.

I did the same, couldnt find a max haulage capacity anywhere and went with the 4624t answer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crebbs1

Taken down already, is the "currently live within 1 hour" Rule strictly enforced? About 2 hours away but would move...

When I went through the FL process last year, they was very strict on the 1 hour and didn’t accept relocation.
If they did accept relocation, there is lots of people waiting in a talent pool already.

Stigy

Established Member
Taken down already, is the "currently live within 1 hour" Rule strictly enforced? About 2 hours away but would move...
I’d say the fact that they specify you must currently live within an hour, suggests that there’s no flexibility with relocating etc?

Boycie32

Hi,
Wish I'd found this site before I went through the application and online tests!! Completed the VSE and magnificent 7 today, part 3 of the VSE I think I may have failed, dots moving around the track and shapes at the same time, at least if I am lucky enough to try again I know what is expected.

Good luck to anybody that gets through, next time I'm on a train I will have more respect for the driver knowing he/she/they have got through this process.

PlexiDriver

I got accepted to do the VSE and M7 today. Can anyone provide tips?? Never done anything like this before!

emrolf44

Yes. Because there isn't really any practise material for the actual test I found this the easiest one to flunk!! The first 2 parts are as simple/hard as any of the other tests but when you get to the 3rd part where you have to watch both sides but mainly concentrate on the left side it's easy to get it wrong. Just remember that you have to concentrate on both sides and click the errors but try not to miss any of the errors on the left side which is effectively the train moving around the track. The dot/train moves from station to station. It could move backwards, remain stationary change shape or colour. These are all errors. I think I had my face too close to the screen and therefore my periphery vision was not as good. So maybe sit back a little and try to relax. I think from memory there is a counter on the screen as well so you know when the train is supposed to move from one station to the next.
Personally I don't agree with the test for this particular role as Train driver. I think it would be more apt for control operators who would more likely be watching this type of screen.
It also seems archaic that you have to move the cursor using a mouse to click on the error from one side to the other. There should just be a button on each side so when you see the error you just press the corresponding button. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.