• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers - London Marylebone & Aylesbury (21/04/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

desrudy

On Moderation
A friend of mine received that email :

Thank you for applying for the Trainee Train Drivers - London Marylebone and Aylesbury locations position.

Due to a high volume of applicants, please allow our team 2 weeks to process and review all of the applications.

We apologise for the length of time this is taking and would like to thank you for your patience whilst your application is being processed.

Kind regards

Chiltern Railways Recruitment team

Chug Chug 87

A friend of mine received that email :

Thank you for applying for the Trainee Train Drivers - London Marylebone and Aylesbury locations position.

Due to a high volume of applicants, please allow our team 2 weeks to process and review all of the applications.

We apologise for the length of time this is taking and would like to thank you for your patience whilst your application is being processed.

Kind regards

Chiltern Railways Recruitment team
I received this as well

i didn't receive any of that. i assume its a no for me on that evidence. rail recruitment never ceases to amaze me, a simple common courtesy of a 'no thankyou email' goes a long way to treating people who have taken the time to apply with a modicum of respect. I find it funny, having now done a DMI elsewhere, where they talk soooo much about customer service, supporting colleagues and treating people with the highest level of respect, yet they all seem to routinely treat candidates like disposable garbage who are not even worthy of an automatic update or timely rejection. The excuse of thousands of candidates is wearing thin also, i have been involved in recruitment drives which have had upward of ten thousand application, we replied to them all and had the entire recruitment process done and dusted in 40 days, and that included assessment centres and the likes.

anyway good luck everyone, I'm writing this option off now. if it were not for the most recent DMI i think i would write of the industry, a lot of hypocrisy in their actions i am finding.

T-Karmel

having now done a DMI elsewhere, where they talk soooo much about customer service, supporting colleagues and treating people with the highest level of respect, yet they all seem to routinely treat candidates like disposable garbage

i think i would write of the industry, a lot of hypocrisy in their actions i am finding.
You'll better be writing it off straight away if you never worked in the railway yet, it'll be a huge shock for you once you start working for any TOC :) But to be honest, I find it hard to believe there's any industry which treats you with respect.
What is the VSE test?
Visual Search Exercise

D®ift

Didn't get that email. No news is NOT bad news with the railway so there is hope left.

renks26

Hi everyone, I too have applied to this but heard nothing at all so far.

However, I am right on the edge of the commute window and have read in other forums that rail recruiters prefer candidates in the local area, so not getting my hopes up. It's a shame they don't make allowances for people to be able to re-locate.

dingdinger

Anyone who works on the railway knows that like most things recruitment is very slow and requires lots of patience. Even more so during covid!

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Can I please ask that all remain civil in this thread. Not everyone will be aware of all stages of the recruitment process.

renks26

No, i think it is getting a little ridiculous now, personally. a month and a half almost and still have not sifted.
These things take time, and it's challenging times too.

One of the earlier posts did suggest they would be sifting until the end of this week, however I didn't get that confirmation mail, so I was curious if there had been any further progress for those that had been contacted.

These things take time, and it's challenging times too.

One of the earlier posts did suggest they would be sifting until the end of this week, however I didn't get that confirmation mail, so I was curious if there had been any further progress for those that had been contacted.

i have three concerns right now:
1. the advert stated within an hour commute but when you actually applied the application form i had t input on stated 45 minutes. im near to 45 so probably a big negative.
2. someone told me (don't know if its true) that those who have done all the tests are being left until they get to the interviews stages... if true, an update would have be welcomed.
3. some of us did not get that generic two week update email which makes me think a few apps might just have been lost or dumped with no confirmation of this.

either way, like you say time will tell and we need to be patient....in normal circumstances with normal recruiters sending a polite email asking for an update would not be unreasonable but as they specifically say do not email us not much we can do i guess.

Gs1

No idea how it works. Someone has mentioned on here that they have been put through to interview stage. Best just to sit back, relax, carry on with your day job if you have one. See what happens, nothing we can do really. I haven't heard anything since the request for info, probably like many others.

No idea how it works. Someone has mentioned on here that they have been put through to interview stage. Best just to sit back, relax, carry on with your day job if you have one. See what happens, nothing we can do really. I haven't heard anything since the request for info, probably like many others.
that guy beard baout interview sort of by mistake relaly though.. they put him through to the assessment thinking he had not done them, once he said he had they told him oh ok wait for interview then. they don't seem the best updaters so probably just wait. it could be the distance thing, those on the cusp are being processed last perhaps. how far are you gs1? and i assume you have done all the assessments?

Alex_09

Just got an interview date on the 26th July. Also have to attend which is good as other interviews were all zoom meetings

KeenAsCustard

got DMI interview request too, but for the 23rd July. I'm also very grateful for a face to face interview, rather than a prerecorded one! In Aylesbury too, which will hopefully be nice

you know i didn't get anything... god knows what that says, i imagine they have lost mine. anyway its academic now i start with another TOC next month. The one good thing is after all the rejections it will feel nice rescinding an application for once.

CamdenDave

Rejection here also sadly! Only saving grace, as someone else mentioned, is that I have an offer at an FOC starting next month. So time to stop worrying about other applications and just focus on that 100%

Gs1

Rejected. Wasn't expecting that. 30 min commute and passed all assessments to enhanced.

It was a clinical email. No name check in the rejection. Think they just applied a tight time radius (35 minutes for me) automatically and went from there

Status
Not open for further replies.