• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Tram Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Any news from anyone did everything on 18 August and now its is the 7 September? Possibly this week I hope

oderv

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, on this occasion i haven't been successful.
Good luck to you all!

Jamiey100

Hi Guys, first post on this particular thread. I’ve been offered an assessment centre place and have booked 30th Sep.

Mr Train

Hi Guys, first post on this particular thread. I’ve been offered an assessment centre place and have booked 30th Sep.
Congrats mate you've done well to get this far. How many dates were available for assessment centre if you dont mind me asking?

Jamiey100

Congrats mate you've done well to get this far. How many dates were available for assessment centre if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks buddy. If I remember correctly there was one slot available for the next three weeks. 3 in total. All 1330 - 1630.

TomDC

Any news from anyone did everything on 18 August and now its is the 7 September? Possibly this week I hope
I did complete my application, online assessments on the 18th of August and haven’t heard anything yet.

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, on this occasion i haven't been successful.
Good luck to you all!
Sorry to hear that buddy. Don’t lose hope and keep trying.
If you don’t mind, may I please ask when did you complete you online application and online assessments?
good luck

Mr Train

Thanks buddy. If I remember correctly there was one slot available for the next three weeks. 3 in total. All 1330 - 1630.
Thanks mate! All the best to you mate.

I just received a email stating I haven't been successful, which is a bit weird as I was informed i passed my last online assessment and was awaiting a date for the assessment centre. Gutted nonetheless.

Last edited:

oderv

I did complete my application, online assessments on the 18th of August and haven’t heard anything yet.

Sorry to hear that buddy. Don’t lose hope and keep trying.
If you don’t mind, may I please ask when did you complete you online application and online assessments?
good luck
Thank you, I have completed my online assessment on 20.08
Good luck !

Blackkat

Thanks mate! All the best to you mate.

I just received a email stating I haven't been successful, which is a bit weird as I was informed i passed my last online assessment and was awaiting a date for the assessment centre. Gutted nonetheless.
This just means that your pass scores wasn’t high enough to go through to an assessment.
There is about 30vacancies
So annoyingly if your pass scores are lower than 30 odd ppl then this would generate the unsuccessful email.

Mr Train

This just means that your pass scores wasn’t high enough to go through to an assessment.
There is about 30vacancies
So annoyingly if your pass scores are lower than 30 odd ppl then this would generate the unsuccessful email.
Yeh makes sense I guess. Still gutted though. Had high hopes :(

I haven't received anything yet even though I applied on the 18th of August?? I might make it then?? I really really want this job!!

Mr Train

I haven't received anything yet even though I applied on the 18th of August?? I might make it then?? I really really want this job!!
Yeh you do have a better chance to make it if they haven't said no yet, in my opinion. Yeh I really wanted it too but I guess its not meant for me :(

Jayse.M86

Yeh you do have a better chance to make it if they haven't said no yet, in my opinion. Yeh I really wanted it too but I guess its not meant for me :(
Just not on this occasion mate, it’s not permanent all we can do is keep persistent with it an believe that our times just around the corner! I myself still haven’t heard a single thing an it’s got me on the edge lol

Mr Train

Just not on this occasion mate, it’s not permanent all we can do is keep persistent with it an believe that our times just around the corner! I myself still haven’t heard a single thing an it’s got me on the edge lol
Thanks mate you are spot on!

I know the feeling mate. I was on edge too before I got the bad news and I was fully expecting an assessment day email as I passed all the online assessments. No news is good news and as you have seen with myself, if they were planning to say no I think they would have by now. Stay positive and hope you get in!

Stigy

Established Member
The only guarantee that you’ll never get a job like this is if you give up. Keep going!

Mr Train

The only guarantee that you’ll never get a job like this is if you give up. Keep going!
Absolutely mate! And thats what keeps me going tbh, though it was hard to take having passed the online assessments. And the encouragement from you guys helps massively too lol. Much appreciated and genuinely hope you guys get in!

Absolutely mate! And thats what keeps me going tbh, though it was hard to take having passed the online assessments. And the encouragement from you guys helps massively too lol. Much appreciated and genuinely hope you guys get in!

Next time apply and you will make it mate

MeatAndTwoMeg

It is super competitive, I had my assessment centre today and they said they had over 2,700 applications so it's probably taking a while to process. It's annoying that two people didn't turn up to the assessment centre and didn't notify - those slots could have gone to people that really want it.

Jayse.M86

It is super competitive, I had my assessment centre today and they said they had over 2,700 applications so it's probably taking a while to process. It's annoying that two people didn't turn up to the assessment centre and didn't notify - those slots could have gone to people that really want it.
Any advice for the assessment day mate? How did you get on? Ahhh what so people just wasted the opportunity!?

4-SUB 4732

Established Member

Looking forward to Wednesday then...

MeatAndTwoMeg

Any advice for the assessment day mate? How did you get on? Ahhh what so people just wasted the opportunity!?
Of course practicing as much as you can on both tests beforehand will help a lot - just bear in mind the SCAAT test is shapes instead of letters on the day. Don't turn up even a minute late, it seemed like that would be a black mark against you. There's not much else I can think of really! The staff there were very friendly and happy to answer any questions about the process. I know I passed the RAAT test because they mark it while you're there. This one I had enough time to finish all questions and go back to check a few. The SCAAT test was harder and I'm not sure it's even possible to finish in the time you have! Good luck to all with upcoming assessments.

Mr Train

Next time apply and you will make it mate
Thanks mate! Means alot to hear that. Really do hope you get in this time round!

I'd happily taken those slots :(

Stigy

Established Member
I guess some people just see the salary and apply with that in mind, when in reality there’s so much involved even in the recruitment process which probably puts a lot of people off. If they’re put off by the recruitment process, it’s probably safe to say they’d not excel during the training.

Status
Not open for further replies.