• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Tram Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkingMain

Hey guys, I too have passed the online assessments and hope to be in the top bracket. I have been informed that the next stages are the assessment day. Then a driving test of some sort and then the interview.

Can anyone elaborate on the driving part of the assessment please?

Someone I know has recently joined Tramlink. Apparently the driving test was taking out a company van and driving around - he was assessed on how defensively he drove.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Someone I know has recently joined Tramlink. Apparently the driving test was taking out a company van and driving around - he was assessed on how defensively he drove.

Sounds interesting. In depot or on the public roads? Either way, a good way of doing it I suppose.

Sammy2019

Has everyone now heard if they’ve been successful or not? I’ve literally heard nothing since completing the initial online tests.

Has everyone now heard if they’ve been successful or not? I’ve literally heard nothing since completing the initial online tests.

I think we might have made it then, because if we were unsuccessful then we should heard by now like the others.

We should hear something today or by Thursday latest

oh ok! did you give them a call, I did yesterday and they said that no news is good news, he said he will email me by the end of the day but nothing. I think maybe as you said by this week latest, I hope I get to the next stage.

Jaytrains

oh ok! did you give them a call, I did yesterday and they said that no news is good news, he said he will email me by the end of the day but nothing. I think maybe as you said by this week latest, I hope I get to the next stage.

Yhh i sent them an email and the woman said I will hear from them in the next 7 days and that was last Wednesday.

Ace91

I received a rejection email today unfortunately. So news may be around the corner for some, good luck!

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Interesting day today. Apparently two sets of testees (right word or wrong word!), one morning one afternoon. Successful of that to go forward next week to interview, and a Talent Pool. Courses every month from January to August.

MeatAndTwoMeg

Interesting day today. Apparently two sets of testees (right word or wrong word!), one morning one afternoon. Successful of that to go forward next week to interview, and a Talent Pool. Courses every month from January to August.
Haha, how do you think it went? Did they tell you how many trainees they take per course?

Blackkat

Driving test is completed on the road!

Goodluck to all thats got through so far!

Training is easy just pay attention and relax

Blackkat

Sorry to hear all.

Assessed and now invited to interview.
Ahhhh well done!!! Congrats!! It’s all swimming down hill now!
the interviews are easy as long as u do a little homework! But at this point they want you to join them really and truly but just don’t take your foot of the gas
Well done once again!

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Ahhhh well done!!! Congrats!! It’s all swimming down hill now!
the interviews are easy as long as u do a little homework! But at this point they want you to join them really and truly but just don’t take your foot of the gas
Well done once again!

Take nothing for granted, mind.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Did the assessments last week, and the final interview and simulator yesterday. Our batch this week should find out Friday.

They have a lot of vacancies so I can only guess they will be having this on a rolling programme for a lengthy period.

Bucephalus

Did the assessments last week, and the final interview and simulator yesterday. Our batch this week should find out Friday.

They have a lot of vacancies so I can only guess they will be having this on a rolling programme for a lengthy period.

I wish you the best of luck!

re320

Congrats!
Just got notification of assessment centre for in October, hadn't heard anything so wasn't too hopeful. They must be staggering it due to the whole situation.

did you just do the SCAAT and the RAAT tests that they sent?

does anyone also know if this would be counted towards the 2 times you are able to take the train tests or is it treated differently/separately to a train driver assessment?

Bucephalus

Congrats!
Just got notification of assessment centre for in October, hadn't heard anything so wasn't too hopeful. They must be staggering it due to the whole situation.

did you just do the SCAAT and the RAAT tests that they sent?

does anyone also know if this would be counted towards the 2 times you are able to take the train tests or is it treated differently/separately to a train driver assessment?
It's separate to the driver psychometrics and you get unlimited lives

Status
Not open for further replies.