• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Tram Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Melmatrixx2

Just had my conditional offer emailed to me. Has anyone else been successful and has the news? Any idea how long till we get a medical and till training starts
Wow congrats..

Just had my conditional offer emailed to me. Has anyone else been successful and has the news? Any idea how long till we get a medical and till training starts

how was the interview like ? Any feedback will be much appreciated got an interview coming up

Last edited:

Melmatrixx2

Did the assessments last week, and the final interview and simulator yesterday. Our batch this week should find out Friday.

They have a lot of vacancies so I can only guess they will be having this on a rolling programme for a lengthy period.
Hey any news regarding your interview? Did mine on Friday

mamata

I did complete my application, online assessments on the 18th of August and haven’t heard anything yet.

Sorry to hear that buddy. Don’t lose hope and keep trying.
If you don’t mind, may I please ask when did you complete you online application and online assessments?
good luck
Sorry to jump in on this.. Just wondering where this vacancy was posted as always redirected to tfl page when I search up tram driver. The only vacancies I see on tfl are for engineers etc., even when I opt for operations. Many thanks

DA1

Sorry to jump in on this.. Just wondering where this vacancy was posted as always redirected to tfl page when I search up tram driver. The only vacancies I see on tfl are for engineers etc., even when I opt for operations. Many thanks

These vacancies are found on the First Group careers website.

Tilde85

Anyone been invited to assessments this year? The silence from First makes me nervous...
I had my interview, tram simulation and assessments last year, just waiting to go back to be able to do the driving test but haven't heard anything.

The wait is killing me, really hope they're stil recruiting.

Has anyone heard anything at all?

re320

I like you have done those stages with the driving a vehicle portion left.
I emailed them the other day as I was hoping with the announcement they may be more aware of when can go to do the driving portion. They essentially said

We will email shortly, please be reassured that your application is very much active.
Simply further recruitment has been paused

So just got to wait it out sadly

Tilde85

I like you have done those stages with the driving a vehicle portion left.
I emailed them the other day as I was hoping with the announcement they may be more aware of when can go to do the driving portion. They essentially said

We will email shortly, please be reassured that your application is very much active.
Simply further recruitment has been paused

So just got to wait it out sadly
Yes, 3 trips to the depot, still hanging in there lol.

Thank you for the info, I'll sit tight for now and wait for an email, hopefully soon.

Fingers crossed for everyone

re320

Yes, 3 trips to the depot, still hanging in there lol.

Thank you for the info, I'll sit tight for now and wait for an email, hopefully soon.

Fingers crossed for everyone
Hey have you had your driving assessment yet? I had mine on Monday which I passed. I managed to grab a chat with the hr lady that interviewed me and she said hopefully have a decision in the next 2 weeks

Tilde85

Hey have you had your driving assessment yet? I had mine on Monday which I passed. I managed to grab a chat with the hr lady that interviewed me and she said hopefully have a decision in the next 2 weeks
I was there on Monday too! I passed my driving test but not feeling totally confident - time will tell I guess! 2 weeks!? I was hoping for a few days I know there's another driving assessment on the 28th, maybe they'll wait for everyone to do it and then make a decision?
But fingers crossed

re320

I was there on Monday too! I passed my driving test but not feeling totally confident - time will tell I guess! 2 weeks!? I was hoping for a few days I know there's another driving assessment on the 28th, maybe they'll wait for everyone to do it and then make a decision?
But fingers crossed
Ah congrats I am so pleased for us both haha! Yeah I was really happy when she said a few days originally but then she recalled the 28th so she changed it to 2 weeks. Hopefully that's actually the case. You would hope that they would not have let us do it if we hadn't passed the other stages but you never know if a better candidate I suppose. Fingers crossed

Ray1

Does anyone have an email address for HR or the guy in charge of recruitment pls?

Tilde85

Ah congrats I am so pleased for us both haha! Yeah I was really happy when she said a few days originally but then she recalled the 28th so she changed it to 2 weeks. Hopefully that's actually the case. You would hope that they would not have let us do it if we hadn't passed the other stages but you never know if a better candidate I suppose. Fingers crossed
I know, got a bit emosh when they said it's all done after such a long wait! We've done well to get so far, now just more waiting. Yeah I guess they'll see who passes on the 28th and then compare everything, they have 173 drivers and need 200 but there's already a training course at the moment so not sure how many spaces are left. Let me know if you hear anything and best of luck!!

re320

I know, got a bit emosh when they said it's all done after such a long wait! We've done well to get so far, now just more waiting. Yeah I guess they'll see who passes on the 28th and then compare everything, they have 173 drivers and need 200 but there's already a training course at the moment so not sure how many spaces are left. Let me know if you hear anything and best of luck!!
Hey have you heard back yet?
I got email today confirming I got it!! Yaaaaay hope you hear soon and it's good news for you too

Status
Not open for further replies.