• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains running 12-20 November?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Mayen

Is there a website where I can check if a preserved railway is operating any day 12-20 November? I have a week off, and wanted to go on a heritage railway somewhere in Britain. All the ones I've checked seem to either be closed or operating Santa, Christmas lights or Polor Express services. I'd rather not have to plod through every website.
Any ordinary trains running?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Ecclesbourne Valley Railway's last day of the season is on the 12th.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Take it that all midweek heritage line scheduled services will now have ended for the 2023 season in the North of England, with the possible exception of "Santa Specials" in a month or so's time?

Veteran Member
Take it that all midweek heritage line scheduled services will now have ended for the 2023 season in the North of England, with the possible exception of "Santa Specials" in a month or so's time?
NYMR appear to be running all week according to RTT but their website has them as completely closed after today.

Last edited:

1Q18

NYMR appear to be running all week according to RTT but their website has them as completely closed after today.
I’d trust the website, the NYMR paths are still in Network Rail’s working timetable and haven’t been cancelled on TRUST, that’s all that RTT is showing.

Veteran Member
Good thing about KWVR is that even when the santa trains run they've usually always got a DMU running as the second service.
True - though a recent development - but Elf Explorer isn't running on the OP's dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.