• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainsimcentral Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
matt said:
The sounds are very crackly. Is there a cure to this?
Just incase it was the crackling you meant, the rain hitting the windows makes a crackly sound ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Coxster said:
matt said:
The sounds are very crackly. Is there a cure to this?
Just incase it was the crackling you meant, the rain hitting the windows makes a crackly sound ;)

It wasnt rain. The sounds were generally distorted but running in a window there was no problems

jonb

Established Member
What exactly is the difference between High Detail, Medium Detail and Low Detail, I have run all three versions and see no obvious difference.

T

Tom

Less vital objects appear in HQ.
Standard objects appear in MQ.
Less objects appear in LQ.

evil_hippo

Hellfire has been described as:

Kirkby Stephen-Middlesborough on a pacer

Aberdeen-Penzance on a 4-car voyager

Various experiences of thrash

Only one of those is good!

evil_hippo

I can't get that 37 started whatever I do. Even if I jump stations so that the engine is on it maeks the sounds but refuses to move when I open the throttle.

(and yes, the brake is released).

Guinness

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
I can't get that 37 started whatever I do. Even if I jump stations so that the engine is on it maeks the sounds but refuses to move when I open the throttle.

(and yes, the brake is released).

1) Have you started the engine?
2) When everything is ready put the Engine into P1 - P4, going straight to P7 will overpower it and won't move.

Nick

IS the reverser in Neutral? Before hand have you placed the reverser in Forward then back to Neutral (AWS test) then tried starting in.

Derek Kaye

I had a prob aswell.. it just seems that its not happy starting.

it took me 5mins of pressing '2' for 5 secs for it to start, with quite a few stalls. but hey, after it started it was like a dream and I made up for the delay.

Tom B

Established Member
According to the manual, you should hold the start key down.

Nick

You must have edited your controls then, turn them back to default (Right click...options...controls...keyboard)

Derek Kaye

its not that, the button goes in and the engine tries to start.. but takes many attempts to do so.. its to do with the randomisation i think.

evil_hippo

I have got it started! Yes, it did require several attempts at holding down the start button.

And onother thing! You the have to open and close the throttle constantly to get it to start moving.

All makes it feel like the proper experience really!

Guinness

Established Member
Nick said:
Seems to vertically hop too much

I've noticed that at High Speeds around some tight Corners.

Yes I'am obeying the speed limits <D

Lesjordans

evil_hippo said:
I have got it started! Yes, it did require several attempts at holding down the start button.

And onother thing! You the have to open and close the throttle constantly to get it to start moving.

All makes it feel like the proper experience really!

start the throttle about 3 to start, keep the ammeter no higher than 2 or else it sort of stalls

evil_hippo

I see! You just dont worry about high amps in these multiple unit days but you had to constantly think of it in the good old days.

andrewmay

Wow, this routes done the impossible, it's got even better! This is for me the number one route for BVE and along with the new 323 it makes the whole experience perfect.

The new 37 is a masterpiece and sounds brilliant. I've been looking forward to that loco for BVE 4 for a while and is everything it should be.

Keep up the great work everyone involved and I can't wait for future releases.

Cheers,
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.