• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainz Locos HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Please)

I'm having another crack at downloading locos to Trainz 2009. Right now I've got a loco and its dependancies downloaded - the files are 'local' - but when I boot up Trainz the loco isn't there, if I right-click and select View In Railyard it never appears there either.

Help would be great, as this has been an issue and indicator of my ****lessness for some time now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TrainfanBen

(Please)

I'm having another crack at downloading locos to Trainz 2009. Right now I've got a loco and its dependancies downloaded - the files are 'local' - but when I boot up Trainz the loco isn't there, if I right-click and select View In Railyard it never appears there either.

Help would be great, as this has been an issue and indicator of my ****lessness for some time now.

Right click and check that all the dependencies have been downloaded, and that's it's a whole model, not just a reskin.
Which locomotive is it, a kuid number would also help.

Right click and check that all the dependencies have been downloaded, and that's it's a whole model, not just a reskin.
Which locomotive is it, a kuid number would also help.

I do check, and all the dependencies are indeed there. Where would it say, if it was just a reskin?

Thanks to you both, and sorrry for the late reply. TukayAway, it says - for pretty much every loco I've attempted to download - Trainz Classics 3. Did this come oout after T2009? thanks.

Established Member
Thanks to you both, and sorrry for the late reply. TukayAway, it says - for pretty much every loco I've attempted to download - Trainz Classics 3. Did this come oout after T2009? thanks.

TC3 came out before TS09, but if it's content designed specifically for TC3, then it may not be compatable with TS09 as I believe TC3 has some built in assets that haven't been included and would require the S&C addon pack.

M'kay, here's a kuid number, and the page

<kuid2:138579:4765:1>

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=171441
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Here's an example then.

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=171441

Set the search terms JUST for Trainz 2004/2006/2009, downloaded it, all dependencies there, opened it for editing so I could commit it, tried to view in railyard, then

Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid:53926:541032> due to missing config file
Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid2:30992:51000:3> due to missing config file
Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid:283805:50000> due to missing config file
Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid:283805:40339> due to missing config file

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.