• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traksy Website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Western 52

Great to see the resignalled Ebbw Vale line already on the site! I think Rogerstone station is missing though.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Coventry has got shifted tracks

Screenshot_20231208_234902_Chrome.jpg

takno

Established Member
Great to see the resignalled Ebbw Vale line already on the site! I think Rogerstone station is missing though.
Ouch. Rogerstone is absolutely tiny for some reason on the map I have. I've added it in now.

Coventry has got shifted tracks

View attachment 148100
Ah, my modest proposal to make rail travel through Coventry a little more exciting... I've shifted this to line up now.

greaterwest

Established Member
Yes, +1, Traksy is one of the most comprehensive sites I've come across.

Would it be possible to look at fixing double berths on Firefox? When two headcodes appear, they are overlaid instead of one above the other.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:
View attachment 126139
@takno this is still an issue, is there a possibility of this problem being fixed?

takno

Established Member
@takno this is still an issue, is there a possibility of this problem being fixed?
There is a substantial rewrite in the works which will fix this - I use Firefox as my main browser and it drives me nuts. Unfortunately small fixes to the existing front end are pretty difficult, so it's stuck waiting for the bigger change

greaterwest

Established Member
There is a substantial rewrite in the works which will fix this - I use Firefox as my main browser and it drives me nuts. Unfortunately small fixes to the existing front end are pretty difficult, so it's stuck waiting for the bigger change
Thanks so much for confirming this! Looking forward to the big change.

takno

Established Member
A few map updates have been completed over the holiday period, including
- a bunch of corrections and added detail in South Yorkshire and out to Worksop
- Scunthorpe to Grimsby is now broadly accurate
- The maps from Kings Cross to York have been combined, so there is no longer any need to switch maps at Peterborough
- Some of the detail at Doncaster has been moved onto a dedicated Doncaster map, which makes the East Coast map a bit easier to follow
- The London Bridge area has been made more accurate, and copied onto the Tonbridge map, so that there should be less need to switch maps here

td97

Established Member
A few map updates have been completed over the holiday period, including
Thanks for your work on this great site.
Can you add to your bug list that there is section just after Swinton (Salford) where the previous service doesn't clear from the section so always displays its occupancy with 1 service greater than reality.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108_183525_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240108_183525_Chrome.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 48

takno

Established Member
Thanks for your work on this great site.
Can you add to your bug list that there is section just after Swinton (Salford) where the previous service doesn't clear from the section so always displays its occupancy with 1 service greater than reality.
I've got rid of the old train hanging around, but the following train does still arrive in this berth early, when it's still visible a berth or two before that. This is caused by it crossing over between signal boxes or panels. Unfortunately there are probably a couple of dozen berths that act like this in the Manchester area. I've got fixes for it in a couple of places, and will probably add a few more as I spot them, but it's a bit involved to do, and unfortunately I don't have very good information about the Manchester area so I don't really know where they all are.

td97

Established Member
Many thanks @takno. Yes I see what you mean about the service now appearing early, but trust you that it's complicated to fix!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108_205121_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240108_205121_Chrome.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 71

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just a small one but I noticed that platforms 1 and 2 (those on the mains) at Southall are down as out of use on Traksy but are currently being used by Crossrail services today. Indeed I've just been on a train which called at platform 2!

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Just a small one but I noticed that platforms 1 and 2 (those on the mains) at Southall are down as out of use on Traksy but are currently being used by Crossrail services today. Indeed I've just been on a train which called at platform 2!
These platforms are only used during times, like today, when the slow lines are closed

Steve Harris

These platforms are only used during times, like today, when the slow lines are closed
Indeed.

I note signalmaps has them labelled O.O.U. to (and wrongly numbered to). So it's not just traksy, lol.

I would take a wild guess that the platforms on the fasts are labelled out of use in the Sectional Appendix, as that is 1 source that the various track map guys get their info from.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Although that's no different to plenty of stations on the WCML which are not marked as OOU
I note signalmaps has them labelled O.O.U. to (and wrongly numbered to). So it's not just traksy, lol.
Only on one map - if you look at the map with Southall as the eastern limit they're fully numbered and not marked OOU.
I would take a wild guess that the platforms on the fasts are labelled out of use in the Sectional Appendix, as that is 1 source that the various track map guys get their info from.
Sectional Appendix is available on the public website, and all 4 platforms are shown in use in the Table A diagram, with lengths quoted. There is no Local Instruction regarding needing special notice or permission to use the Main Line platforms either. My guess is just the update has been missed from (possibly as part of Elizabeth Line upgrades) Southall's Main Line platforms were reinstated.

Benjwri

Established Member
The same could be said for every main line platform on the GWML between Didcot and London, except Didcot and Reading, yet Southall is the only one with this labeling.

Steve Harris

My guess is just the update has been missed from (possibly as part of Elizabeth Line upgrades) Southall's Main Line platforms were reinstated.
That sentence says to me they were once out of use but now reinstated; is that correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

takno

Established Member
They were marked as out of use on something at one point. As Steve notes, I don't have great details on the GWML and given how generally little information the SA appendix has I don't generally go to a lot of effort to browse them for updates.

I'll update this at some point now that it's been mentioned anyway.

D7666

Brent Cross West needs an update ?

At the moment it has two blank orange blocks for the platforms, but is nameless, and no platform numbers.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 58

Peter A

Many thanks for all your hard work on the site takno. Not sure if it's on your list or if there's a quick fix but at the berth before St Helens Central towards Liverpool, the last service that runs through at any given time always seems to stick.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 22.21.16.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 22.21.16.png
    434.5 KB · Views: 37

D7666

Also.

Minor point - the station name on the Chiltern running over LU section for Harrow-On-The-Hill is missing.

Attachments

• 1705271697133.png
    1705271697133.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 68

Freightmaster

Established Member
Also.

Minor point - the station name on the Chiltern running over LU section for Harrow-On-The-Hill is missing.
Out of curiosity, why is there such an abundance of signals on the up road between South Ruislip
and Sudbury & Harrow Hill (seven compared to just two on the down line) - is there an operational
reason for this?

MaRK

plugwash

Established Member
I'm not sure if it's a problem in tracksy or in the underlying data feeds, but recently i've been seeing an issue south of bramhall where the same train will appear twice, a couple of signalling blocks apart. The duplicate seems to dissappear again by the time the train actually reaches bramhall.

td97

Established Member
Many thanks for all your hard work on the site takno. Not sure if it's on your list or if there's a quick fix but at the berth before St Helens Central towards Liverpool, the last service that runs through at any given time always seems to stick.
I'm not sure if it's a problem in tracksy or in the underlying data feeds, but recently i've been seeing an issue south of bramhall where the same train will appear twice, a couple of signalling blocks apart. The duplicate seems to dissappear again by the time the train actually reaches bramhall.
Both seem to be this pre-existing issue discussed by Takno last week
I've got rid of the old train hanging around, but the following train does still arrive in this berth early, when it's still visible a berth or two before that. This is caused by it crossing over between signal boxes or panels. Unfortunately there are probably a couple of dozen berths that act like this in the Manchester area. I've got fixes for it in a couple of places, and will probably add a few more as I spot them, but it's a bit involved to do, and unfortunately I don't have very good information about the Manchester area so I don't really know where they all are.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Also.

The platform numbers are also transposed; platform 1 is the Northbound/Down platform, with the Southbound/Up platform number 2.

Up/Down used here for clarity, these aren’t terms used to refer to infrastructure on LUL.

takno

Established Member
I think all those fixes are done, apart from the trains that lie around in the berths after they've gone past

Western 52

I noticed that at Briton Ferry, Traksy still shows the facing crossover and connection to the down end of the yard. These were removed a while ago, although I'm not sure when.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_202352_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_202352_Samsung Internet.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 30