• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tram driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mb88

Hi Marc,

Actually got my interview and driving assessment next Wednesday.

Was supposed to be last month but called off due to the snow. Assessments were fine heard back within a few days.

Steve

I have my assessment drive and interviews this Thursday. Good luck with yours when it comes.

mb88

Had my interview and was given a conditional offer of employment within 2 hours. I'm over the moon.

Coylie

Well done mate.

Can I be cheeky and ask what route the driving assessment was and what the interview was like.

Well done though, pleased for you!!

mb88

Well done mate.

Can I be cheeky and ask what route the driving assessment was and what the interview was like.

Well done though, pleased for you!!

I’ve absolutely no idea as I don’t know the area lol. We turned right out of the depot I know that much Interview was fine. Very relaxed and more of a chat than anything. They put you at ease.

mb88

Well done gents, I’ll let you know how I get on next week.

Good luck mate. Only advice I’d give you is don’t overthink your answers. I have a habit of doing this in interviews where I don’t say something as I think it’s far too obvious for it to be the answer they’re looking for when in actual fact it’s exactly what they’re looking for. If that makes sense.

Coylie

Hi mate,

Yeah I get what you mean, basically don’t over think your answers to make them sound more involved, simplest answer is always best.

Tram17

Well done buddy. Hope we don’t have to wait 12 months as it says we might have to in the email lol
Congrats on passing! Don’t be to anxious you start, I’ve been waiting for a start date for 6 months and think there was 19 others in the same position! That’s why I am super confused they advertised more posts

Coylie

I passed, got my conditional offer of employment on Friday!! So happy, but looks like we could be in for a bit of a wait.

mb88

Congrats on passing! Don’t be to anxious you start, I’ve been waiting for a start date for 6 months and think there was 19 others in the same position! That’s why I am super confused they advertised more posts
It was mentioned at my interview that they are looking at reducing the working week to 35 hours which may explain the sudden requirement for extra bodies. Hope you hear something soon.

Marc1

Well done coylie and mb88 , I received my conditional offer on the Friday as well , looking forward to a start date , hopefully sooner rather than later.

Tram17

It was mentioned at my interview that they are looking at reducing the working week to 35 hours which may explain the sudden requirement for extra bodies. Hope you hear something soon.
I’m confused, why would reducing the day by one hour mean more staff surely less? There meant to be adding more trams to run a faster timetable, I saw on leaflet. Congrats to the other person who got an offer! (Hope I don’t sound bitter, just this wait is so frustrating)

Bromley boy

Established Member
I’m confused, why would reducing the day by one hour mean more staff surely less?

Simply because reducing the length of drivers’ shifts will require more drivers to cover the same amount of work.

mb88

Simply because reducing the length of drivers’ shifts will require more drivers to cover the same amount of work.
Indeed. It’s a reduction from 37 to 35 hours, so an additional 2 hours of work per week, per driver that needs to be covered.

Tram17

Indeed. It’s a reduction from 37 to 35 hours, so an additional 2 hours of work per week, per driver that needs to be covered.
I will be doing 37 hours, and it’s not really 2 hours surplus cause the lunch is not covered. And will that mean less money ? Lol

mb88

I will be doing 37 hours, and it’s not really 2 hours surplus cause the lunch is not covered. And will that mean less money ? Lol
Regardless it is a surplus of 2 hours. 37 hours per week plus 40 minutes unpaid meal break each day, down to 35 hours per week plus 40 minutes unpaid meal break each day, is a reduction of 2 hours per week per driver, work which still has to be covered as they are not reducing the number of trams in service. Pay has been increased to £41,250 or thereabouts.

Tram17

Regardless it is a surplus of 2 hours. 37 hours per week plus 40 minutes unpaid meal break each day, down to 35 hours per week plus 40 minutes unpaid meal break each day, is a reduction of 2 hours per week per driver, work which still has to be covered as they are not reducing the number of trams in service. Pay has been increased to £41,250 or thereabouts.
There not losing the driver for 2 hours, every driver going to be unavailable during lunch! Them extra few minutes could only equate to a few extra staff needed if there only meant to be like 100+ drivers, and the wages being that little extra mean you will get less, because of tax

mb88

There not losing the driver for 2 hours, every driver going to be unavailable during lunch! Them extra few minutes could only equate to a few extra staff needed if there only meant to be like 100+ drivers, and the wages being that little extra mean you will get less, because of tax
Think I’ll give up trying to explain it to you as we’re going round in circles

Tram17

Think I’ll give up trying to explain it to you as we’re going round in circles
Your not trying to explain anything to me lol if you done a maths forumula then I might accept it but I do agree we are going around in circles and flooding the forum

joystick

You get paid for 37 hours, if they they reduce by 2 hours you will get paid for 35 which will prob be the same wage , forget about the lunch break it has nothing to do with it .
Also they might just increase the shifts to 9hrs like on most mainline.

Tram17

You get paid for 37 hours, if they they reduce by 2 hours you will get paid for 35 which will prob be the same wage , forget about the lunch break it has nothing to do with it .
Also they might just increase the shifts to 9hrs like on most mainline.
That subjects finished, it all just guesses really!

Status
Not open for further replies.