• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Today is the last day that Transdev will operate the 153 Little Hotline service from Preston to Leyland. Tomorrow Vision Bus will takeover the route, renumbered 113 and also provide a Sunday service to Leyland which the Little Hotline didn't. My photo shows one of Mercedes Boneshakers, already rebadged Rosso, at St John's church, Leyland this afternoon. On their last day they seem to be running an hourly service instead of the normal half hourly.

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_141910.jpg
    IMG_20230415_141910.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 122
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

A bit of variety has returned to Burnley now the Ribble County routes have gone to new operators. Of course the changes haven't gone down too well with the regular passengers although that was to be expected. Not only have the routes gone to new operators but many of the route numbers have changed too which appears to have caused a lot of confusion! What won't have helped was that when someone on Twitter asked 'if there was a service 15 anymore?' the Transdev social media team replied with 'no there isn't'. Surely advising that it still exists, just with a different number and operator would have been more helpful?

Anyway. There have already been reports of overcrowding on the new M6 to Skipton service.

The ex-Wizz buses are mainly being used on school services, but one has popped up on the infrequent 9 service to Accrington via Network 65. Still fully branded for the Pendle Wizz too.

I did hope that once the Ribble routes went the daily service cancellations would drop too as drivers could be utilised elsewhere. Even though it's early days this afternoon there have been 31 individual journeys announced as cancelled. Very disappointing and not good enough.

markymark2000

On Moderation
A bit of variety has returned to Burnley now the Ribble County routes have gone to new operators. Of course the changes haven't gone down too well with the regular passengers although that was to be expected. Not only have the routes gone to new operators but many of the route numbers have changed too which appears to have caused a lot of confusion! What won't have helped was that when someone on Twitter asked 'if there was a service 15 anymore?' the Transdev social media team replied with 'no there isn't'. Surely advising that it still exists, just with a different number and operator would have been more helpful?
I've been out on the new routes today and from what it seems, there hasn't been much from Transdev at all about them not running the routes anymore and any information on the alternatives. The information that I can find on their website is under the news headline 'better buses for Burnley in April' and even then it is quite near the bottom of the page.

(Not quoting the whole thing as it doesnt seem wise to quote a whole page to prove the placement of information. If you prefer me to quote it, please say)

Today on the 64, I personally saw around 10-15 people trying to get on with Transdev tickets and 1 was going to get a return but was dissuaded from doing so when told the return would only be valid on the 64.

Heard a few comments too in Blackburn with people surprised to see "another bus company running the buses".

Anyway. There have already been reports of overcrowding on the new M6 to Skipton service.
One thing I will praise Transdev on is that today in Skipton, timetable boards and bus stop flags were de-wizzed and now mainlined up so everything was sorted for day 1. Only thing I found with refence to the Wizz was the announcements on the Skipton-Keighley 66 which still says change at Skipton for the Pendle Wizz.

Andyh82

Established Member
Full details of the changes to the ex-Ribble Country routes is on the Lancashire County Council website

I imagine the information will be on the Bus Changes posters in the bus stations as well which Lancashire to their credit still print. There will possibly be printed timetables as well?

There has never been a service or fare change in the history of public transport that hasn’t caused confusion on the first day though as people don’t read stuff. They could have posted a flyer through every door in the North West and you’d get some who still wouldn’t know.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Full details of the changes to the ex-Ribble Country routes is on the Lancashire County Council website

I imagine the information will be on the Bus Changes posters in the bus stations as well which Lancashire to their credit still print. There will possibly be printed timetables as well?

There has never been a service or fare change in the history of public transport that hasn’t caused confusion on the first day though as people don’t read stuff. They could have posted a flyer through every door in the North West and you’d get some who still wouldn’t know.
I was in Clitheroe, Blackburn and Burnley today and I didn't notice any notices. There were timetables but no specific notices about the services changing.

Not saying there were no posters but I didn't see them.

Ant158

The Clitheroe one is posted in a display our side the closed ticket office for the railway station, a place no one getting a bus would walk. It's currently showing May's changes though if I recall. Clitheroe library also has a display of bus timetable leaflets, but unhelpfully the platform gallery info office doesn't!

Andyh82

Established Member
I was in Clitheroe, Blackburn and Burnley today and I didn't notice any notices. There were timetables but no specific notices about the services changing.

Not saying there were no posters but I didn't see them.
The one in Burnley displaying service changes is usually the nearest frame to the newsagents in my experience, possibly both sides

RustySpoons

I've been out on the new routes today and from what it seems, there hasn't been much from Transdev at all about them not running the routes anymore and any information on the alternatives. The information that I can find on their website is under the news headline 'better buses for Burnley in April' and even then it is quite near the bottom of the page.
That's about the only place I've seen them mention the new operators, although any passenger who was unaware of the changes will still likely be unaware that some have been renumbered so will still be as clueless! If as much effort was put into announcing the changes as was put into announcing they were taking them on a couple of years ago I'm sure it would have caused less confusion amongst passengers.

But, as @Andyh82 says, it doesn't matter how much you advertise changes some people will still be absolutely clueless!

One thing I will praise Transdev on is that today in Skipton, timetable boards and bus stop flags were de-wizzed and now mainlined up so everything was sorted for day 1. Only thing I found with refence to the Wizz was the announcements on the Skipton-Keighley 66 which still says change at Skipton for the Pendle Wizz.
This caught my eye today along the A59 - ironically behind a practically EMPTY Versa. It's another thing that really frustrates me with Transdev. They go to the effort of changing the bus stop flags, yet something that seems relatively basic like programming the destination displays on the buses is overlooked - on the first morning of the M6 none of the buses could display 'Skipton'. It was resolved by mid-afternoon to be fair, but it's still a very clumsy oversight.

JetBlast

Is Transdev responsible for advertising the route changes? I can’t see why they should be communicating another operators service? Surely it should be the new operator or the transport authority that does this?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Is Transdev responsible for advertising the route changes? I can’t see why they should be communicating another operators service? Surely it should be the new operator or the transport authority that does this?
Legally, no, but if they want to be seen as a great local bus company it would be helpful to direct passengers to where their bus is going, especially as many will also still be Transdev passengers, too.

Established Member
Today on the 64, I personally saw around 10-15 people trying to get on with Transdev tickets and 1 was going to get a return but was dissuaded from doing so when told the return would only be valid on the 64.

Transdev will hope many fare paying passengers on the 64 will move to their commercial services - apart from Sabden most stops are either shared with or close to a more frequent service.

There's nothing that says they have to, but they are best placed to reach the passengers who need to know. No one in Burnley has heard of Vision Bus - which won't be changing any time soon if the dealer white bus I saw yesterday is representative of their other vehicles.

Not impressed with Transdev's cancellations this week. They are about 20 buses worth of work down from last week in Lancashire, but still can't find enough drivers? Are they having issues with vehicles as well? There were according to the app/bustimes four ageing deckers on Mainline this afternoon, while at least one Burnley Versa was working for Rosso. And several B10s are still running.

peterblue

Here in Preston, I've seen Vision on the 153/113 contract. There's a mixture of plain white vehicles, and their usual blue livery.

northernchris

Established Member
Not impressed with Transdev's cancellations this week. They are about 20 buses worth of work down from last week in Lancashire, but still can't find enough drivers? Are they having issues with vehicles as well? There were according to the app/bustimes four ageing deckers on Mainline this afternoon, while at least one Burnley Versa was working for Rosso. And several B10s are still running.

Keighley has also been bad this week. Yesterday morning 11 boards were uncovered, which equates to almost 25% of the total service bus network. Have some of the Lancashire based drivers moved to the new operators causing a shortage at Burnley?

Last edited by a moderator:

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
I'm in and around Transdev territory the last week of May, what are the best routes to find elderly B7TLs on nowadays? I was planning a trip on the Pendle Wizz until I saw the note about it being replaced by the M6, and with that route now solid Versas I fear I've missed my opportunity :(

I'm guessing the Rosso branded B7s are strictly schools only looking at Bustimes?

SCH117X

Established Member
I'm in and around Transdev territory the last week of May, what are the best routes to find elderly B7TLs on nowadays?
Harrogates 3614, these days even more recognisable by the huge Knaresborough lettering on its sides, can turn up anywhere on that depots routes; so far this month its been used on all routes bar the 2 and 21.

I'm in and around Transdev territory the last week of May, what are the best routes to find elderly B7TLs on nowadays? I was planning a trip on the Pendle Wizz until I saw the note about it being replaced by the M6, and with that route now solid Versas I fear I've missed my opportunity :(

I'm guessing the Rosso branded B7s are strictly schools only looking at Bustimes?

Rosso branded B7s are indeed schools only, I’d like to catch some myself!

Your best bet is to head to Keighley as they’ve always got a few on the 60 into Leeds, as well as appearances on 62 to Ilkley and there’s been an increasing number on local routes lately. Blackburn and Burnley ones seem to be more sporadically used but it’s worth checking bustimes on the day of course! If you do head to Keighley I recommend riding on 2403 which still has its original Coastliner interior intact.

As a sidenote, bustimes reports that ADL Enviro 400 MMC demonstrator SK71CKX is now working out of Keighley, last used in York.

asw22

Harrogate have 3613 and 3614 from 2012 and 2005 respectively which can appear on any route including the X98/9 and 36. Not sure whether 59 Saturday only is still a B7.

In Keighley the 2001 Y*HRN batch appear frequently on the locals in particular the K7 and K9 and occasionally on the 62 / 66. The 66 Skipton has 2013 reg while the 60 to/from Leeds is usually 2008 B7s with one or two 2004 / 2005 B7s at peak times (YJ04LYH/K/P).

The 152 Preston to Burnley usually has 2013 B7s but not sure about other Burnley / Blackburn / Rosso / Team Pennine routes.

Established Member
Rosso branded B7s are indeed schools only, I’d like to catch some myself!

Your best bet is to head to Keighley as they’ve always got a few on the 60 into Leeds, as well as appearances on 62 to Ilkley and there’s been an increasing number on local routes lately. Blackburn and Burnley ones seem to be more sporadically used but it’s worth checking bustimes on the day of course! If you do head to Keighley I recommend riding on 2403 which still has its original Coastliner interior intact.

As a sidenote, bustimes reports that ADL Enviro 400 MMC demonstrator SK71CKX is now working out of Keighley, last used in York.

Blackburn often have one or two out, usually on the 152 but other routes are possible (this afternoon apparently one on the 152 and one on the local service 4). Most likely place to see one in public service around Burnley is on the M2 for Clitheroe school times, and possibly now the equivalent services in Skipton, but you might get another decker or not a decker at all.

Ashly_Jethro

Harrogate have 3613 and 3614 from 2012 and 2005 respectively which can appear on any route including the X98/9 and 36. Not sure whether 59 Saturday only is still a B7.

In Keighley the 2001 Y*HRN batch appear frequently on the locals in particular the K7 and K9 and occasionally on the 62 / 66. The 66 Skipton has 2013 reg while the 60 to/from Leeds is usually 2008 B7s with one or two 2004 / 2005 B7s at peak times (YJ04LYH/K/P).

The 152 Preston to Burnley usually has 2013 B7s but not sure about other Burnley / Blackburn / Rosso / Team Pennine routes.
The Hotline, DalesWay, AireLine, and 3613 are all B9TLs, all gemini 2 with the exception of AireLine which have Gemini 1 front ends. The 05/55 plates are the only remaining B7TL Geminis in front line service at their respective depots. And then of course the plaxton presidents. Though I assume 90sWereBetter is referring to the Geminis

M60lad

I was out round Keighley on Saturday and quite a number or most of their Presidents were out in service either on locals or on 62 to Ilkley, I had a ride on 2713 and this still has its route branding inside for when it was on 760 Keighley-Leeds service (How long ago was this I wonder?).

Also President 2440 (still in Lancashire United livery) was out and about on locals apparently this is normally restricted to Schools so was good and odd to see this out in service.

Andyh82

Established Member
I visited Burnley today to see what it’s like post service changes

The 1, 3 & 4 and also the 2A (which might be a misallocation) were using the Mellors - in base Ribble Country livery but rebranded as The Burnley Bus Company

The 2 was the Solos and the 5 was still the B10BLEs and an Enviro 200

Some double decks were in use on the Mainline

Vision Bus were using either fleet livery or plain white E200MMCs or Streetlites

Boomerang Travel had a impressive looking brand new minibus of some kind RO23OFP in full Pilkingtons livery

As shown there was a poster giving a detailed description of the changes on display
BD1F2F33-1FC7-442C-80FB-FB3DC263B3C2.jpeg
If this was too much to read there was a poster summarising just the basics
760085F0-BBF9-4163-ACED-57A25A2F5020.jpeg
Transdev have altered their signage, such as the departure stand list
47EC7BEE-71A0-4C38-8B1F-451C22AAFAA1.jpeg
Their Transdev Lancashire map that is also on display has been revised, and the poster advertising Skipton now says ‘by Mainline’ rather than ‘by Pendle Wizz’

Ant158

I visited Burnley today to see what it’s like post service changes

View attachment 133611
Noticed that they have labeled the 64/65 wrong, the 64 going to Clitheroe not Nelson.

In Clitheroe today noticed Lancashire County Council had put up a Where to catch your bus poster, but the poster was for Colne bus station! Also checked in Clitheroe library for new timetables but the ones available were all 2/3 sets of changes out of date.

Noticed that they have labeled the 64/65 wrong, the 64 going to Clitheroe not Nelson.

In Clitheroe today noticed LCC had put up a Where to catch your bus poster, but the poster was for Colne bus station! Also checked in Clitheroe library for new timetables but the ones available were all 2/3 sets of changes out of date.
I went to Colne on Monday and at the bus station it had the poster for Clitheroe station instead.

M60lad

Does anybody know which Depot is operating Irwell line (481/483) services? I only ask as according to Bus Times Burnley Heroes Versa 273 was on 481/483s yesterday (22/4) along with one of Burnley's ex Lothin Gemini's 2452. Don't Blackburn Depot operate Irwell Line anymore?

Andyh82

Established Member
Does anybody know which Depot is operating Irwell line (481/483) services? I only ask as according to Bus Times Burnley Heroes Versa 273 was on 481/483s yesterday (22/4) along with one of Burnley's ex Lothin Gemini's 2452. Don't Blackburn Depot operate Irwell Line anymore?
Irwell Line services have moved to Burnley depot

Ashly_Jethro

Irwell Line services have moved to Burnley depot
Can’t say I understand that decision. I completely get that they may want to house some vehicles at Queensgate for 483 to cut dead mileage but to move them all surely creates the same issue for the 481? Plus, this likely means some former RC drivers will now be re-allocated to IrwellLine, rather than boost Burnley Bus Co.’s driver numbers. Hmm

SCH117X

Established Member
Splitting between the two depots would be logical

Having said that the 483 does start earlier than the 481 so running all out of Burnley is more logical than Blackburn

Andyh82

Established Member
Can’t say I understand that decision. I completely get that they may want to house some vehicles at Queensgate for 483 to cut dead mileage but to move them all surely creates the same issue for the 481? Plus, this likely means some former RC drivers will now be re-allocated to IrwellLine, rather than boost Burnley Bus Co.’s driver numbers. Hmm
Just had a look on Google maps and it’s near enough exactly 9 miles to Rawtenstall from both Intack and Queensgate so it’s a much of a muchness really

On paper they’ve lost 19 buses of work - 15 at Burnley and 4 at Intack

By moving the Bury Bolts to Intack and the Irwell Line to Burnley the reductions are much better spread out, losing 4 at Rochdale, 6 at Intack and 9 at Burnley, which would help the driver numbers across the board