• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

SCH117X

Established Member
Oddity in Harrogate today - none of the Electrics are in use. The 2/3/6/X6 are being worked by a Gemini and a number of "Starbus" Omnideckers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

Oddity in Harrogate today - none of the Electrics are in use. The 2/3/6/X6 are being worked by a Gemini and a number of "Starbus" Omnideckers.
There's some work going on in the bus station I believe so all the electricity has been turned off for the rapid/opportunity chargers.

NorthClyde320

Regarding Malton depot how many buses can the depot actually hold inside? And how many buses are currently allocated to Malton just now and does anyone know what the new figure will be after the changes next week? Many thanks

Regarding Malton depot how many buses can the depot actually hold inside? And how many buses are currently allocated to Malton just now and does anyone know what the new figure will be after the changes next week? Many thanks
Right now it is all the coastliners and one versa

It will become 7/8 buses after next week I believe

Inside the depot will hold 6 I think

Andyh82

Established Member
The new Coastliner timetable has been published

Weekdays eight workings start at Malton, four at York and two at Tadcaster (worked no doubt from York)
It was on the old Transdev website and discussed 3 weeks ago

It will be worked 7 buses from Malton, 7 buses from York going forward

SCH117X

Established Member
It was on the old Transdev website and discussed 3 weeks ago

It will be worked 7 buses from Malton, 7 buses from York going forward
How do you make 7 from Malton when 8 workings start there ?

JD2168

There's some work going on in the bus station I believe so all the electricity has been turned off for the rapid/opportunity chargers.

Good job the work has been timed for School Holidays otherwise it could have caused some shortages of vehicles.

Delenn

I was told last week that the numbers above (7/7 and 7/8 type splits) were the plan, but it was likely to be changing again before Monday. So, to be honest, who knows?

Would the Versa still be based at Malton once Castleline becomes 81 and transfers to East Yorkshire?
No.

The new “York locals” PVR will be 6 (4x 24/25/26, 2x 20), or possibly 7 on Saturdays with the 19 added in.

This could be covered with either the 9 versas or the 5 E200MMCs + 2 Merc breadvans, so I suspect we will see one of these ‘combos’ go and be transferred elsewhere within Transdev or moved on

SimplyLlama

I was going for a walk today and discovered on the below timetable, looking at the poster it says it is from 2015, and a quick google brings up an old timetable for the 66, 67 and 68 from 2003. Does anybody know when and why the 67 and the 68 were suspended?

Attachments

• IMG_9616.jpeg
    IMG_9616.jpeg
    678.1 KB · Views: 60

Ken H

On Moderation
I was going for a walk today and discovered on the below timetable, looking at the poster it says it is from 2015, and a quick google brings up an old timetable for the 66, 67 and 68 from 2003. Does anybody know when and why the 67 and the 68 were suspended?
I think North Yorkshire Council didn't like the tender responses so hit on the ides of using the minibuses they ran for schools to do some fill-in mileage during the day. So the NYCC 78A serves Bradley and Cononley before going into Airedale Hospital. I caught it yesterday to get to the hospital to visit someone.

The Skipton locals, and the buses to Carleton and Embsay went over to NYCC around then.
Pre 2017.
Link goes to 78A timetable

stevieinselby

As far as I can tell, Blazefield/Transdev decided it was commercially advantageous to run a simple 30-minute frequency along the main road, and not muck about serving minor villages. Kildwick and Farnhill aren't too far to walk to the main road, and Cononley has a good rail service. It was still running as 66/67/68 in 2005, and was being run commercially (except the Sunday extension to Grassington).

By 2007, the 68 had gone completely and the 67 was down to one weekday journey in one direction only: https://web.archive.org/web/20071024215319/http://getdown.org.uk/bus/bus/66.htm

I think North Yorkshire Council didn't like the tender responses so hit on the ides of using the minibuses they ran for schools to do some fill-in mileage during the day. So the NYCC 78A serves Bradley and Cononley before going into Airedale Hospital. I caught it yesterday to get to the hospital to visit someone.
Not quite.
The 78A was already running in 2005, with Blazefield running an hourly service on it from Skipton through to Keighley using two Mini Darts. This continued until 2011 or 2012, when the contract was awarded to Little Red Bus, using one minibus to run a reduced 2-hourly service between Skipton and Airedale Hospital plus the associated peak-time services to Steeton & Silsden station. It's essentially a full-day diagram, I don't think it ever interworked with school contracts. When LRB went bust in 2013, NYCC took it on using their own minibus on the same basis, and it has continued the same ever since.

That's a different model from the 12, 14 and 16 Skipton town services that NYCC introduced when Pennine closed down in 2014, and the council took it on using its minibuses between school journeys, as the routes hadn't previously been subsidised and so there was no budget to pay a proper operator to take them on (and none were going to do so commercially).

Last edited:

Class 466

Established Member
Had my first run-in with the new and useless app today. Needing a photo of me for a day ticket? Having to reactivate the ticket every time I needed to scan it? Oh and the 5 minutes it took to process my purchase when every other app in the country does it instantly.

Yet more quality from the #happytravels bus company.

Ashly_Jethro

Had my first run-in with the new and useless app today. Needing a photo of me for a day ticket? Having to reactivate the ticket every time I needed to scan it? Oh and the 5 minutes it took to process my purchase when every other app in the country does it instantly.

Yet more quality from the #happytravels bus company.
Had a notification to say there is an issue with the departures on the app which has been the case all week, yet the old app still has live departures running perfectly… wonder how long it will be before they are running back to passenger with their tail between their legs….

RustySpoons

Whilst on the topic of the new app, it appears to have received a lot of 5 star ratings in the Apple App Store. However, none of those 5 star ratings translate to a review, they still make for a bleak read.

Anyone would think staff have been asked to give it a 5 star rating to push the average rating up..........

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Whilst on the topic of the new app, it appears to have received a lot of 5 star ratings in the Apple App Store. However, none of those 5 star ratings translate to a review, they still make for a bleak read.

Anyone would think staff have been asked to give it a 5 star rating to push the average rating up..........

The Android version's average score has leapt to 1.1 from the 1 it was at last time I looked.

SCH117X

Established Member
The new app and website has the new Harrogate route 4 on it, which is pretty much of an express service along the Skipton Road inbound with no additional stops provided so only using one previously school bus only stop. Outbound is using the opposing stop to that and the existing route 3 stop at Norwich Drive. The new housing development it is serving is meant to be connected to the existing housing estate between it and the Skipton Road by a bus gate so a future rerouting of it is likely.

Class 466

Established Member

The app prompted me to leave a review on first opening of the app prior to discovering the horrors that laid within on iOS.

johntea

Established Member
It doesn't even seem to use native Apple Pay, rather make a dummy transaction using Apple Pay to then register your card in the app

Also another minor curiousity is the payment shows as Transdev Kent on my bank statement!

Andyh82

Established Member
Are these issues unique to the Transdev app or common across all apps by the same supplier, as Preston Bus looks to use a similar app and they’ve got 4.5 stars out of 5 in the App Store?

RustySpoons

Are these issues unique to the Transdev app or common across all apps by the same supplier, as Preston Bus looks to use a similar app and they’ve got 4.5 stars out of 5 in the App Store?

I think the biggest issue Transdev have with their app is that customers were well used to the previous version which had very little, if anything, wrong with it. Forcing people to use a substandard app which is missing a lot of features they're used to and a lot more complicated to do the basics with won't be helping.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I think the biggest issue Transdev have with their app is that customers were well used to the previous version which had very little, if anything, wrong with it. Forcing people to use a substandard app which is missing a lot of features they're used to and a lot more complicated to do the basics with won't be helping.

It doesn't help that we're forced to have a photo, even for day tickets - something Transdev phased out years ago (and never needed for day tickets) and they still haven't managed to transfer tickets over from the old app and are ignoring queries about this online.