• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transition to Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdunlop

I am an annual Season Ticket holder for a First Transpennine Express route. As you will be aware First have won the new franchise from April next year. I believe this new franchise will operate under the Delay Repay scheme rather than the old Reliability and Punctuality target refund scheme.
My question is about how this transition works. Currently on my route (TP North) there are 14! Void Days (11 of which were between the 6th of Nov and 7th of December!) and the current Reliability MAA% is 91.3% well below the 98% refund trigger.
My season ticket is not scheduled for renewal until next Autumn; does this mean that I will get the void days till April added and be able to claim Delay Repay for any disruption after this or will they continue to maintain the performance and reliability targets in parallel and only be able to claim under Delay Repay when I get my new Season Ticket?
Also how would any refunds due to breaking a performance targets work?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Void days will be added to your new season ticket, or a refund provided if requested, when you renew your season ticket.

ajdunlop

I realise how it normally works but my question is around what happens when delay repay is brought in part way through a season ticket validity period.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The process won't change. You will be able to claim Delay Repay on your journeys after this comes into effect. All the other issues will be sorted out at the next renewal as usual.

There is a set formula for refunding void days roughly pro rata to the daily value of your season ticket. I can't upload a copy atm, but will do so when I get back, assuming that no one gets in before me.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
In terms of Passenger's Charter discounts (which mostly affects Great Western, admittedly), in the run up to the switch to Delay Repay, a note is added to the relevant document giving a cut off date for a discount to be applied along the lines of "Only for tickets purchased before <Date>". Tickets originally purchased after the date in question would be dealt with under Delay Repay.

Status
Not open for further replies.