• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpeak and concessionary passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone knows whether Transpeak buses from Derby to Manchester are covered by the English National Concessionary Passes? Specifically a disabled person's one, rather than an OAP one? The company's website doesn't mention the disabled pass -- which may just be an oversight, but I wondered if anyone here knew either way. I've sent them an email too, but thought it might be faster asking here. I'd be travelling within the next few weeks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robertj21a

On Moderation
I was wondering if anyone knows whether Transpeak buses from Derby to Manchester are covered by the English National Concessionary Passes? Specifically a disabled person's one, rather than an OAP one? The company's website doesn't mention the disabled pass -- which may just be an oversight, but I wondered if anyone here knew either way. I've sent them an email too, but thought it might be faster asking here. I'd be travelling within the next few weeks.

Yes, concessionary passes are accepted on the Transpeak service throughout.

Statto

Established Member
Is there still a through bus from Derby to Manchester?

Only just, there's 4 to 5 journeys daily, when it used to be 2 hourly, first journey Southbound Mon to Fri is 11.15am most of the year, last journey Northbound is 15.50 that is to/from Manchester, most journeys now go Dove Holes depot/Buxton-Derby

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Only just, there's 4 to 5 journeys daily, when it used to be 2 hourly, first journey Southbound Mon to Fri is 11.15am most of the year, last journey Northbound is 15.50 that is to/from Manchester, most journeys now go Dove Holes depot/Buxton-Derby

Any idea when it was last 2-hourly ? I can only recall it being apx every 3 hours through to Manchester.

johnnychips

Established Member
But note that the Derbyshire Wayfarer is no longer accepted on the TP except for a couple of services subsidised by the council.

Status
Not open for further replies.