• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpora Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwkwardHail

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tjwpsv

Current open tops in the fleet are:

2701​
V145MEVBlackpool
2702​
V158MEVBlackpool
2703​
V168MEVManchester
2704​
V362OWCBlackpool
2705​
W501RBBManchester
2706​
LX08DXPBlackpool
Many thanks, Rhys.
What happened to P534 EFL, please? It appeared to be a smart motor, though step entrance, of course.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Interesting route that 25 will take. Seems to essentially be a combination of the inner city part of the 5 / 47 with the outer part of the 506.

Whilst of course it is great to see routes saved / communities still served, I can't imagine all the swapping and changing of routes, service numbers and operators is going to help passenger numbers!

RhysHand

Many thanks, Rhys.
What happened to P534 EFL, please? It appeared to be a smart motor, though step entrance, of course.
Hi, it was donated to a preservationist and currently is in storage I believe

Interesting route that 25 will take. Seems to essentially be a combination of the inner city part of the 5 / 47 with the outer part of the 506.

Whilst of course it is great to see routes saved / communities still served, I can't imagine all the swapping and changing of routes, service numbers and operators is going to help passenger numbers!
I agree to a point. We have just got to work extra hard to get them back - good opportunities, and thankfully a lot works around existing contracts so exposure is lower.

volvob12

Sounds like the same route that the northern end of the First 25 before it was withdrawn and merged into the 24 in 2014.

Last edited:

laseandre

Established Member
What I am interested in is how a decent amount of Rhys' operations past and present seem to use branding very heavily inspired by Best Impressions' style. Have BI been contracted by any of Rhys' companies or is it just a case of them having a very similar style?

67thave

What I am interested in is how a decent amount of Rhys' operations past and present seem to use branding very heavily inspired by Best Impressions' style. Have BI been contracted by any of Rhys' companies or is it just a case of them having a very similar style?
Probably a case of "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" unless proven otherwise.
I've noticed that Newport Transport has done similarly with their most recent printed publicity, which is clearly inspired by Stenning but not his work.

RustySpoons

To be honest I think the same could be said for a lot of operators. Best Impressions have done that many two colour with a diagonal split liveries any other two colour livery could resemble it.

E-Rail

I might have missed it but is the Bournemouth - Hengistbury Head route being operated under the green/blue Transpora Sightseeing brand or as Bournemouth Coaster?

Hope you don’t mind me tagging you, but are WA04CPZ (and possibly WA04CSX?) still in the Transpora fleet @RhysHand ? The former was sighted in Manchester on Metrolink Replacements last summer, but can’t find any photos of it since, and I seem to recall the latter had been purchased as well.

RhysHand

Hope you don’t mind me tagging you, but are WA04CPZ (and possibly WA04CSX?) still in the Transpora fleet @RhysHand ? The former was sighted in Manchester on Metrolink Replacements last summer, but can’t find any photos of it since, and I seem to recall the latter had been purchased as well.
Hi - not at all!

Yes. One has just undergone an engine rebuild after it did a ‘trident thing’ and overheated - but are at Blackpool depot.

Busman792

I'm told they are recruiting for drivers in Newport (South Wales), is anyone aware of any contracts won?

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I'm told they are recruiting for drivers in Newport (South Wales), is anyone aware of any contracts won?
There appears to be an advert on Glassdoor. Bettws round two?

9 days ago
£27,000–£42,224 a year
Full–time
We have fantastic opportunities with Transpora Group, for experienced PCV Drivers to join our team on a full time basis. As a PCV Driver with Transpora, you’ll be providing the very best customer service while safely transporting our wide range of customers through our registered bus services, school services, rail replacement and work transport schemes. What you'll need... • Valid UK PCV licence (Category D) • Valid CPC • Demonstrable PCV driving experience • Outstanding customer service experience, with a willingness to support our customers needs • Flexible approach to work, working on a variable shift pattern Our extensive training and development offerings include: • CPC and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications • Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal • Company specific training such as processes, systems, defensive driving, disability awareness and much more What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment: • OTE up to £42K per annum • Guaranteed minimum of 35 hours per week, with the ability to work additional hours • Free uniform provided for your role • Company pension • Paid annual leave • A variety of deals and discounts via Transpora’s online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, hire cars, bikes and many more • Employee Assistance Programme Job Types: Full time, Permanent Salary: OTE up to £42K Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Job Type: Full-time Salary: £27,000.00-£42,224.00 per year Benefits: • Company pension • Free or subsidised travel • On-site parking Schedule: • 10 hour shift • 8 hour shift • Day shift • Holidays Ability to commute/relocate: • Newport: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required) Experience: • Driving: 1 year (required) Work Location: In person Reference ID: CB/W06789

richard13

Newport is a 2nd Co-Op staff bus route to Avonmouth for shift changes at 06:00, 14:00, 22:00. See Transpora Bristol.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Curious how that can justify full time drivers to be honest
It's 2.5 hours round trip running time for each contract plus getting the bus to/from the depot. A conservative estimate say 3 hours for each round trip (given they are clearly looking to get a depot over in Newport). 6 hours per day, 6 days per week. 36 hours.

Dai Corner

Established Member
It's 2.5 hours round trip running time for each contract plus getting the bus to/from the depot. A conservative estimate say 3 hours for each round trip (given they are clearly looking to get a depot over in Newport). 6 hours per day, 6 days per week. 36 hours.
Shifts of 0430-0730, 1230-1530 and 2030-2330 doesn't sound very attractive. Maybe they're looking for some other work to fill in the gaps?

markymark2000

On Moderation
Shifts of 0430-0730, 1230-1530 and 2030-2330 doesn't sound very attractive. Maybe they're looking for some other work to fill in the gaps?
Probably quite easy to find work around some of that as TFW Valleys have a lot of rail replacement and Cardiff isn't too far from Newport. As they're working with Zeelo for the CoOp bus, I am sure Zeelo could have some work over in Newport which they could look into. Given the hours, they can fit around school runs but it would need belted buses or to be done commercially.

I think there is work over there. It does make me wonder if this is the new direction for the industry though, setting up little operations in lots of areas as this is the same expansion method that Vectare has gone for and it's done well for them.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I guess there’s various possibilities, be it tying them in with schools and the like. Could there also be a possibility of the Co-op routes being done as three split shifts? Something like this (obviously at least one would unlikely to be worked from Newport)?

CP1: 0505 Kingswood - Avonmouth 0550
CP1: 0605 Avonmouth - Kingswood 0655
SPLIT
CP1: 1305 Kingswood - Avonmouth 1350
CP1: 1405 Avonmouth - Kingswood 1455

CP2: 1242 Newport - Avonmouth 1350
CP2: 1410 Avonmouth to Newport 1518
SPLIT
CP2: 2042 Newport - Avonmouth 2150
CP2: 2210 Avonmouth - Newport 2318

CP1: 2105 Kingswood - Avonmouth 2150
CP1: 2205 Avonmouth - Kingswood 2255
SPLIT
CP2: 0442 Newport - Avonmouth 0550
CP2: 0610 Avonmouth - Newport 0718

It does make me wonder if this is the new direction for the industry though, setting up little operations in lots of areas as this is the same expansion method that Vectare has gone for and it's done well for them.
Although it will be interesting to see what the outcome of their Public Inquiry is though. From the Eastern Area Notices & Proceedings last week:

Public Inquiry (87373) to be held at The Court Room (Cambridge), CB2 8BF, Eastern Traffic Area, Eastbrook, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, on 27 April 2023 commencing at 10:00
PF2006130 SI
VECTARE LIMITED
Director(s): DOMINIC ALEXANDER REZAI-KALANTARY, PETER JOSEPH NATHANAIL ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION CENTRE, 5 OAKWOOD DRIVE, LOUGHBOROUGH, LE11 3QF
S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)

aliceh

Last edited by a moderator:

AllanMacF

Well done, Rhys, for taking on the challenge of running service 25, presumably without council funding. But I was wondering why it's running beyond the Eastgate Centre to Horfield? Surely Muller Road has sufficient coverage with the First 17. I should have thought it would be better to give back a bus service to the good people of Stapleton - or, instead, cover the loss of the 506 through Eastville and Easton. Make the 25 a circular, maybe! Ok, not possible with just one bus if maintaining the hourly headway.
Just a thought!

BenS123

Quick update - saw the morebus 88 earlier and was still almost empty whereas the transpora bus was considerably busy. Doesn't seem that Easter holidays have changed anything.

deconte

Quick update - saw the morebus 88 earlier and was still almost empty whereas the transpora bus was considerably busy. Doesn't seem that Easter holidays have changed anything.
It seems from the Transpora Bournemouth website that their four school runs for St Peters are no longer registered routes and thus are no longer available to the public but only open to scholars

RhysHand

It seems from the Transpora Bournemouth website that their four school runs for St Peters are no longer registered routes and thus are no longer available to the public but only open to scholars
Hi

This is incorrect. I have informed the commercial team and they are changing it now.

aliceh

Transpora have their Bournemouth Coaster website live now: http://www.bournemouthcoaster.co.uk/
It's only just live, and I think it's not yet updated from the stock pictures, unless Bournemouth has sprouted snow-covered mountains when I wasn't looking!).

But the service is going head to head with more 70 & 80, giving Southbourne overcliff 3 buses per hour. Will be interesting to see if demand supports that many.

RhysHand

Transpora have their Bournemouth Coaster website live now: http://www.bournemouthcoaster.co.uk/
It's only just live, and I think it's not yet updated from the stock pictures, unless Bournemouth has sprouted snow-covered mountains when I wasn't looking!).

But the service is going head to head with more 70 & 80, giving Southbourne overcliff 3 buses per hour. Will be interesting to see if demand supports that many.
Hi

Yes, really annoying - mobiles have the option to have a drop down menu, the team hid it, but it’s still showing up… :( so they’ll be sorting shortly

markymark2000

On Moderation
Hi

This is incorrect. I have informed the commercial team and they are changing it now.
Is they are available to the public, don't they then come under bus open data? Also Traveline South West tends to have the services on their database if the service is open to the public. There seems to be a bit of miscommunication on these routes.

Also, did you get my pm? I thought it easier and best to give you some of the feedback there rather than on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.