• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpora Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhysHand

Is they are available to the public, don't they then come under bus open data? Also Traveline South West tends to have the services on their database if the service is open to the public. There seems to be a bit of miscommunication on these routes.

Also, did you get my pm? I thought it easier and best to give you some of the feedback there rather than on the forum.
Yes, I have passed your suggestions on and some will be actioned

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

-Colly405-

First day of the Bristol 963.
10 mins late.
Not tracking on their app or bustimes
What was a £1 return child fare is now £3 'student return' - so much for fares being unchanged.... (Even their app sells a child £1.50 two journey ticket)

Last edited:

RhysHand

First day of the Bristol 963.
10 mins late.
Not tracking on their app or bustimes
What was a £1 return child fare is now £3 'student return' - so much for fares being unchanged.... (Even their app sells a child £1.50 two journey ticket)
Fares are controlled by WECA* as I’m sure you are aware they are contracted routes (which wouldn’t be here if we’d not agreed to do them)

Was tracking for me on its dead run (attached)

Any other negatives? So I can pass on. How was the driver & vehicle…?

* West of England Combined Authority

Attachments

• 89A24D39-F961-415D-815B-A3128C3F88EA.png
    89A24D39-F961-415D-815B-A3128C3F88EA.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

-Colly405-

Fares are controlled by WECA as I’m sure you are aware they are contracted routes (which wouldn’t be here if we’d not agreed to do them)

Was tracking for me on its dead run (attached)

Any other negatives? So I can pass on. How was the driver & vehicle…?
I'll find out (she's in school now...)

Odd re the tracking - were you perhaps on a different app/page to the two public facing ones I mentioned?

Re the fares, it's just that the publicity (including http://www.transporabus.co.uk/route-963)
clearly says no change to fares...
If that's genuinely the new fare, then so be it, but the publicity needs changing, and the app publicising as the cheapest option (to get it to £1.50 for a day)

Fyi parent Facebook page (always a winge-fest) complaining it was late ("we hoped it might actually now be reliable") and about the fare.

Also worth noting we've had nothing from the school on the change of operator so my Facebook group post during the holidays has hopefully averted any safeguarding concerns of a random bus picking up kids unexpectedly!

It's a convoluted route, with a complete loop mid way and two double runs...

Thanks Rhys.

EDIT: she says driver friendly, bus fine but tiny! Not sure what you are using, but clearly it's smaller than an ALX400...
She says the small bus wasn't an issue as not many were on it today, but it might get a bit of a squeeze if all the regulars were on it! I suspect as it was late some might have reverted to parent car as they are used to it not being reliable, particularly once it was clear that the previous operator wasn't continuing...

Last edited:

aliceh

No slowing down for Transpora in Bournemouth! They've just announced they'll be running a new route 2 from Bournemouth-Springbourne-Boscombe on their Facebook page.

We’re excited that we’ll be offering a NEW link as route 2 between Bournemouth Town Centre, Railway Station, Springbourne and Boscombe Bus Station with stops along the way every 20 mins from 30th May.

The timetable will be posted here and on the Bournemouth services section of the http://www.transporabus.co.uk website shortly.

Tickets will be available to buy on bus using cash or contactless or on the MyTrip bus app.

Keep your eye out on our social media pages for free giveaways and offers.

It'll run every 20 minutes and parallel the More route 22 (currently 2).

Soundwave

No slowing down for Transpora in Bournemouth! They've just announced they'll be running a new route 2 from Bournemouth-Springbourne-Boscombe on their Facebook page.

It'll run every 20 minutes and parallel the More route 22 (currently 2).
Oh dear. There is a reason Morebus only run every 30 minutes via Springbourne. It will be like two bald men fighting over a comb.

aliceh

For a while, it was every 15 minutes (even every ten at one point). Although that at least had the advantage of continuing to Iford and the hospital. I wish them luck, but they're really going to need it.

RhysHand

Oh dear. There is a reason Morebus only run every 30 minutes via Springbourne. It will be like two bald men fighting over a comb.
Or, we’ll be saving money in dead mileage and drivers sat at the depot waiting to do their school runs…

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Or, we’ll be saving money in dead mileage and drivers sat at the depot waiting to do their school runs…
On the flip side, if passengers are spread too thinly by having 5 buses per hour on a route, you could very well wind up with dead mileage. To balance this post out, the extra buses could result in an increase in patronage. I suppose we won't know until transpora have had sufficient time to run the service.

aliceh

From Poole to Bournemouth is dead mileage. Unless you've opened another depot.
I assume they'll be using buses off the St Peters routes, so the only dead mileage will be from Southbourne to Boscombe/town, rather than heading all the way back to Poole

RhysHand

I assume they'll be using buses off the St Peters routes, so the only dead mileage will be from Southbourne to Boscombe/town, rather than heading all the way back to Poole
Spot on!

From Poole to Bournemouth is dead mileage. Unless you've opened another depot.

And do transpora drivers work without a break?

A question like the last, doesn’t event warrant an answer.

tjwpsv

I might have missed it but is the Bournemouth - Hengistbury Head route being operated under the green/blue Transpora Sightseeing brand or as Bournemouth Coaster?
I assume that this service started today, as intended. Can anyone advise what was used on it, please?

James H

Picture on Facebook shows an ex-Yellow Buses closed-top double decker on the Coaster today:

Bwsbro

A comment on the Facebook post stated that Open Top Vehicles are due next week

Ma44hew94

I am a big fan of Transpora’s Blackpool services, but I do think some passengers may be deterred by the out of date timetables on the website. Every service seems to display out of date PDFs and I am also confused at when the 21 actually runs? The timetable online shows Monday - Friday in between school runs only, the PDF shows a longer operating day but no dates when it does and doesn’t run. From bus times it appears neither are correct with services running Tuesday - Thursday only with services running all day except a break during afternoon school services.

I think the 21 would encourage a lot more passengers if it used open toppers, though i know this is an issue if duties interwork with schools!

markymark2000

On Moderation
I am a big fan of Transpora’s Blackpool services, but I do think some passengers may be deterred by the out of date timetables on the website. Every service seems to display out of date PDFs and I am also confused at when the 21 actually runs? The timetable online shows Monday - Friday in between school runs only, the PDF shows a longer operating day but no dates when it does and doesn’t run. From bus times it appears neither are correct with services running Tuesday - Thursday only with services running all day except a break during afternoon school services.

I think the 21 would encourage a lot more passengers if it used open toppers, though i know this is an issue if duties interwork with schools!
Or if people knew the right times.

Data on bustimes for Transpora North West comes from the Transpora website and so if data is wrong on the website, it's wrong on bustimes.

The sightseeing Manchester was the same, the Transpora Blackpool site had the Manchester tour showing for many days when it wasn't running.

AllanMacF

Transpora is taking delivery of some brand-new Enviro200 MMCs. The first is at work in Bristol and is 40-seater YX23 OTA, numbered 1299. It was collected last Friday. At least one more is due here, while two are destined for Bournemouth.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Transpora Group has applied to amend their Londoner Routemaster tour to make it more like a tour bus rather than a local service bus.

I can't link the PDF as it's a bit weird. If you click into the above link, then go down to 'variation applications' then you can download the document.

The new proposed route will run as follows (quoted from the application)
Waterloo Station Taxi Road, York Road, Addington Street, Westminster Bridge Road, Westminster Bridge Road, Bridge Street, Parliament Square, Parliament Street. Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, Cockspur Street, Pall Mall, Waterloo Place, Regent Street Saint James's, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket, Pall Mall East, Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square, Victoria Emankment, Temple Place, Arundel Street, Strand, Fleet Street, Ludgate Hill, St. Paul's Churchyard, Cannon Street, Queen Victoria Street, Poultry, Mansion House Street, Mansion House Street, Lombard Street, King William Street, Eastcheap, Great Tower Street, Tower Hill, Minories, Goodman’s Yard, Mansell Street, Tower Bridge Approach, Tower Bridge Road, Druid Street, Crucifix Lane, Bermondsey Street, Tooley Street, Duke Street Hill. Borough High Street, Southwark Street, Stamford Street, York Road, Waterloo Station Taxi Road

The service will only stop at Embankment (Stop 40B), Tower Hill (stop TB) and Waterloo Station Taxi Road.

The journey will take between 1h50 and 1h 20 minutes. Operating upto every 30 minutes 10:00-21:20 but that is in accordance with demand. Off peak times may be as low as hourly 10:00-15:20 (15:20 being the last tour)

Attachments

• 1683331167164.png
    1683331167164.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 55

bussnapperwm

Established Member
Transport to provide some buses after the Eurovision next weekend

Transpora Group Facebook said:
Transpora Group will be working with Merseytravel to provide buses for the Eurovision Song Contest being hosted in Liverpool.

This event is expected to draw around 100,000 extra visitors into the city over the next two weeks.

Six Transpora Group buses will run into the early hours after the "Big Eurovision Welcome" on Sunday 7 May and Eurovision final on Saturday 13 May, operating shuttle services direct to Manchester or stopping services towards Wigan North Western.

Hats off and thank you to our teams who are helping us deliver this too

M60lad

Probably using similar if not the same vehicles that they use for their Rail Replacement services

bristol1996

To me it seems like a lot of the work Transpora does is mostly private hire and rail replacement. There are not many routes within Bristol and all or most are commercially run.

It would seem that Transpora is expanding further in Dorset; Weymouth now in addition to the Bournemouth operation. (Link to job advert below)

They use buses for the rail work that's all, nothing else.

DaveLondon

To me it seems like a lot of the work Transpora does is mostly private hire and rail replacement. There are not many routes within Bristol and all or most are commercially run.

They use buses for the rail work that's all, nothing else.
Transpora does have more than just rail work. They have commercial school work as well as other stage work in Bristol, Bournemouth and London.

deconte

So probably the school work that berrys handed back.
Think you mean Barrys Coaches of Weymouth, a family owned company closing through retirement after forty or more years.

M60lad

Considering Transpora do Rail/Metrolink Replacement in/around Manchester area and beyond using their Manchester Sightseeing licence what happens to these vehicles when there's no Rail Replacements and where are they parked up?

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Considering Transpora do Rail/Metrolink Replacement in/around Manchester area and beyond using their Manchester Sightseeing licence what happens to these vehicles when there's no Rail Replacements and where are they parked up?
The NW area Manchester Bus Tours Ltd licence (PC1111037) has two operating centres - the Blackpool site also used by sister Transpora company Coastliner, but also at the Espirit Group premises in Trafford Park. The address is "ESPRIT, TRAFFORD WHARF ROAD, TRAFFORD PARK, MANCHESTER, M17 1HA".

On Google Maps you can see two open toppers parked up.

On Google Street View you can see an open topper and two closed top buses parked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.