• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpora Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RhysHand

I did notice the below when putting the transpora fleet through the MOT checker on gov.uk
View attachment 136825
(Screenshot reading "This vehicle's annual test has expired", stating that it expired on the 5th May 2022 and is of one of transpora's Poole fleet)

The bus is actively used on transpora's route T1, as shown on bustimes https://bustimes.org/vehicles/mbto-2705-w501-rbb
View attachment 136826
The date shown is incorrect - and the current mot test certificate demonstrates that.

The database not updating is a common theme for commercial vehicle MOT’s.

The vehicle is currently VOR being prepped for its MOT on Friday.
To add, if the DVSA had removed it from the road as is un factually rumoured, it wouldn’t have completed its day in service on Saturday.

So let’s please stop the speculation or un factual comments.

Attachments

• 6EF8DB0E-58F7-4DAA-9B9F-9FCEB42B3E5B.jpeg
    6EF8DB0E-58F7-4DAA-9B9F-9FCEB42B3E5B.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 123
  • AD371053-1982-4202-8275-C0285D06FAF7.jpeg
    AD371053-1982-4202-8275-C0285D06FAF7.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 123

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Okay folks, let's maintain a cool head here.

First of all, be careful when posting rumours. If you don't know the facts and are relying on second- or even third-hand information, it's perhaps best not to post it at all.

I'd also like to remind everyone that when posting screenshots of websites, you must provide an alternative text version in order to make your posts accessible to those who rely on screen readers to view this site.

Finally, when posting photos, you must must respect copyright. If the photo is not your own and you don't have permission to post it, don't. You may, of course, provide a link to the site on which the image is hosted.

Dorsetbus

I did notice the below when putting the transpora fleet through the MOT checker on gov.uk
View attachment 136825
(Screenshot reading "This vehicle's annual test has expired", stating that it expired on the 5th May 2022 and is of one of transpora's Poole fleet)

The bus is actively used on transpora's route T1, as shown on bustimes https://bustimes.org/vehicles/mbto-2705-w501-rbb
View attachment 136826
So it was correct then.

Dorsetbus

No. As pointed out above. Or it wouldn’t have continued in service !!!!
I must be missing something. The mot had run out a month ago.and you have it in for mot on friday and in-between that time its been on the road. How was that legal?

RhysHand

I must be missing something. The mot had run out a month ago.and you have it in for mot on friday and in-between that time its been on the road. How was that legal?
A second ago, you were suggesting it expired a year ago? Make your mind up.

See attached mot certificate which was issued on the 8th June 2022. To be clear, the advisories were cleared on return to the depot workshop last year.

Now again, let’s stop the speculation and rumours - we have nothing to hide. Remember, there are drivers and people who rely on us to keep food on their families tables and your pointless, un informed, personal vendettas could have serious repercussions. Attack me personally if you wish separately, but not the business, the people and those that work hard to deliver.

Attachments

• 4A0568DC-E5E0-4859-A3C4-19EE3D6317E1.jpeg
    4A0568DC-E5E0-4859-A3C4-19EE3D6317E1.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 114

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Attack me personally if you wish separately, but not the business, the people and those that work hard to deliver.
If anyone believes an "attack" has occured on this forum, it must not be referred to in any forum posting; instead it must be reported, through the report system and not replied to.

Any concerns regarding any forum post must be made exclusively via the report system and not through any other means please.

RJ

Established Member
For various reasons the MOT check website doesn’t always reflect the actual situation with a vehicle’s MOT.

Anyone using that as a source to claim a business is running a vehicle without a MOT needs to be careful what they are saying as it doesn’t constitute proof.

The vehicle in question is taxed, which wouldn’t be possible if the VIN associated with it belonged to a vehicle with no MOT. Therefore anybody in the thread claiming or inferring that it has no MOT is spreading false information. Why anyone would want to do this is mystifying.

341o2

Established Member
Entirely inappropriate to post this on social media anyway. Report such a vehicle to the relevant authorities and let them take action if they decide it is warranted

BenS123

Hi Rhys, now that the proof of MOT has come to light I'd like to state that I have fully changed my position on this matter and retract all previous comments on the issue.

My intention never was to spread false information and now that I know that I was not correct, I'd like to apologise to you for any inconvenience caused by my shortsightedness on this matter.

Thanks for your understanding.

RustySpoons

I'm genuinely intrigued as to the reason for this - do you do this for every operator?
I'm sure some people have a personal vendetta against the company/staff and will go needlessly out of their way to find something trivial to try and defame the company. It's all very odd.

Established Member
The MOT issue is common with class 6 MOTs.

It leads to frequent issues when a bus has had a class 5 at some point, before returning to class 6 MOTs. Police won't stop a bus that has no records whatsoever, but if they see a class 5 from some years ago they will tend to pull you over.

As if by magic, I've just seen this on Facebook:

On Sunday whilst out in our preserved bus we got pulled over due to the system showing no MOT, the vehicle does indeed have a valid class 6 test. On the MOT history online it shows this test but on check tax it states it as out of MOT, this being because it had a class 5 last time but a class 6 was put on a few weeks ago due to unavailability of a class 5 at the time. 2 phone calls 1 each to DVSA and DVLA to which each one says it’s the others problem. Has anyone else had this issue and ever been pulled over or had a letter? Apparently it’s a common issue which doesn’t seem to have a solution but will be a bit of an inconvenience getting stopped by the police everytime they spot it.

Last edited:

RELL6L

I would just like to say that, in this age of consolidation and cutbacks in the bus industry, it is good to see a company with a bit of ambition and innovation. There's not much elsewhere so these guys should be applauded for having a go, I wish you success.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I note on their Twitter account that they are to commence operation of the Weymouth Park & Ride service from next month. Their tweet reads:

Pleased that the Transpora Group Weymouth team will be operating Weymouth Park & Ride from July in a partnership with Dorset Council UK. We’re looking forward to working with the local authority to tackle air climate and traffic congestion by promoting this sustainabile option.

Last edited by a moderator:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
After some discussion, we have decided to re-open this thread for further discussion. There are people who genuinely wish to discuss the operations of this company and it would be unfair to deny them the opportunity to do so.

Please make sure that any information posted is factual, and properly referenced. "I heard on social media" is not a valid source - you are required to publish the link to that source and a relevant quote from it. Any malicious gossip will be removed without warning.

Bwsbro

I note on their Twitter account that they are to commence operation of the Weymouth Park & Ride service from next month. Their tweet reads:

Will be interesting to see what First will do with Service 2 in Weymouth as this route currently serves the Park & Ride site.

Good to hear that the company has won a contract which will further support the finances of the new Weymouth operations

Marcus Fryer

From Friday 9 June and all this week Transpora have been supplying buses for the Bristol Parkway-Newport rail replacement services (Severn Tunnel engineering works). Noted are Volvo B7RLE 1301 (BX56 XBY) and Scania N230UD 2902 (YT09 ZCJ).

-Colly405-

From Friday 9 June and all this week Transpora have been supplying buses for the Bristol Parkway-Newport rail replacement services (Severn Tunnel engineering works). Noted are Volvo B7RLE 1301 (BX56 XBY) and Scania N230UD 2902 (YT09 ZCJ).
I used this from NWP to BPW on Tuesday evening. 1294 YX23 OTC was the single deck used. Not sure how reliable the RealTimeTrains plans are for these, but we appeared to be about 10 late leaving, stopped as planned at STJ (a 20 min double run from M4 Jn 23A) but not at PWY, which RTT showed us calling at. Alternatively, if RTT is to be believed, we may equally have been 10 early departing, and stopped *additionally* at STJ.
Either way, it was a busy, smooth, run.

Marcus Fryer

I used this from NWP to BPW on Tuesday evening. 1294 YX23 OTC was the single deck used. Not sure how reliable the RealTimeTrains plans are for these, but we appeared to be about 10 late leaving, stopped as planned at STJ (a 20 min double run from M4 Jn 23A) but not at PWY, which RTT showed us calling at. Alternatively, if RTT is to be believed, we may equally have been 10 early departing, and stopped *additionally* at STJ.
Either way, it was a busy, smooth, run.
I believe RealTimeTrains are reliable as to what is planned. However, there are also standby vehicles allocated, which may be used to provide relief journeys in the case of reported heavy loadings (requiring two buses) or substantial delays which means connections are missed. In the case of the former, a relief may leave earlier, especially if full. The scheduled bus would then leave at the booked time. In the case of the latter, the relief would only need to call at stations where passengers wanted to alight.

317 forever

Established Member
I was in Bristol earlier in the week. While I did occasionally see the Transpora bus on route 25, the one I wanted to catch was cancelled. I made do without trying to locate one later. Maybe they were a bit short of drivers while some were needed for the rail replacement service above.

derbybusdepot

Thinking of trying out the routemaster service in London a week on Monday. Will it still be running just hourly? What is the fare payable on the day for one trip or day ticket?

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Thinking of trying out the routemaster service in London a week on Monday. Will it still be running just hourly? What is the fare payable on the day for one trip or day ticket?
The website (https://www.londonerbuses.co.uk/tourist-bus-route-a) is showing the broadly hourly service with a £7.50 day fare or £2.50 short hop. Times from Waterloo Station (Cab Road Stop A) are 0940, 1030, 1130, 1230, 1400, 1500, 1600 & 1700, and times from Piccadilly Circus (Haymarket) are 1005, 1055, 1155, 1255, 1425, 1525, 1625 & 1725. There was mention of a forthcoming route and timetable change application having been made, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't dated until at least mid-July so shouldn't affect your trip.

LordCreed

Attempted to catch the 15:15 T1 off Hengistbury Head today, but by 15:40 it still hadn't turned up. Unfortunately as the route doesn't often track on bustimes it wasn't possible to see if it was coming, so caught more back to Bournemouth instead.

On another note, it's actually quite difficult to locate the timetable on this page: http://www.bournemouthcoaster.co.uk/

On the job

Will be interesting to see what First will do with Service 2 in Weymouth as this route currently serves the Park & Ride site.

Good to hear that the company has won a contract which will further support the finances of the new Weymouth operations
First Wessex website proudly announces service 2 increasing to a 15 minute frequency from 2nd July.
Do they have sufficient drivers ?

robbob700

Attempted to catch the 15:15 T1 off Hengistbury Head today, but by 15:40 it still hadn't turned up. Unfortunately as the route doesn't often track on bustimes it wasn't possible to see if it was coming, so caught more back to Bournemouth instead.
According to the timetable at https://irp.cdn-website.com/802f992f/files/uploaded/BMCoasterTimetable.pdf there is no service at 1515 from Hengistbury Head. The next bus after 1445 is 1600. Bustimes.org shows a bus at 1515 though.

LordCreed

Status
Not open for further replies.