• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport For Wales Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
769 at Canton this morning , not yet in Tfw colours though . Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first new train for the offical Wales and Borders TOC since 2011.

There was the Manchester/North Wales LHCS which was procured through the Welsh Government. 5 x 153s from GWR expected in next couple of week.

anamyd

On Moderation
I assume 830 has also been PRM modified at the same time as the livery change...?

anamyd

On Moderation
I might add that 150253 was behind it in the Bay at Crewe but not sure if that was returning from PRM Mods or not. That was the previous similar working of a 158 and 150 and splitting at Abbey Foregate with the 158 going to Machynlleth and the 150 going to Canton.
Ahh Abbey Foregate, where I grew up! (in a house, not the depot). So is 830 PRM modified then along with the livery change...?

6Gtraincrew

Having now seen a photo of 830 on another website it does look as though it has been fitted with the new external door sounders, so I guess it has been PRM modified.

anamyd

On Moderation
Having now seen a photo of 830 on another website it does look as though it has been fitted with the new external door sounders, so I guess it has been PRM modified.
Thanks for that! Got a link...?

6Gtraincrew

Can we link to other sites? Google North Wales Coast Railway noticeboard. It's about half way down

anamyd

On Moderation
it would appear that 150-253 has also been PRM'd. Now, does this mean there are now 4 PRM'd TfW 150s: 285, 284, 257 and 253...? Can someone confirm 257 is modified please...?

krus_aragon

Established Member
Can we link to other sites? Google North Wales Coast Railway noticeboard. It's about half way down

it's been done before without issue. thanks!

Here's a link to the latest noticeboard page, with the pictures: http://nwrail.org.uk/nw1903c.htm

(Note that the main noticeboard page you usually read, "nwnews.htm", is updated and replaced every week. The sidebar has a "Link this Issue" hyperlink, which points to the URL that the page will be archived at. By sharing this one, people will still be able to find the article/pictures you're referring to next week, or whenever.)

craigybagel

Established Member
it would appear that 150-253 has also been PRM'd. Now, does this mean there are now 4 PRM'd TfW 150s: 285, 284, 257 and 253...? Can someone confirm 257 is modified please...?

Last time I saw 257 it had digital displays on (the easiest giveaway from the outside for a PRM set) so yes. Not worked it yet though, or indeed any of the PRM 150s.

anamyd

On Moderation
Here's a link to the latest noticeboard page, with the pictures: http://nwrail.org.uk/nw1903c.htm

(Note that the main noticeboard page you usually read, "nwnews.htm", is updated and replaced every week. The sidebar has a "Link this Issue" hyperlink, which points to the URL that the page will be archived at. By sharing this one, people will still be able to find the article/pictures you're referring to next week, or whenever.)
Thanks, I'll change my link in the other thread.

anamyd

On Moderation
Saw both 826 and 830 in person at Aberystwyth station today! Both look really nice (apart from the lack of branding / logos) and I also noted that new labels have been added above the retention tanks for, appropriately, CET DRAIN :p

anamyd

On Moderation
It will turn up somewhere soon; it was in the paint shop on the 19th (re article17_gdpr's post asking where 839 could be found, which was since changed to "deleted post" for some reason)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.