• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales (TfW) Class 67+ Mk4 diagrams

sd0733

Established Member
T
The 16.49 Cardiff - Manchester was 67010 on Friday. Anyone know the Sunday 1st October diadiagrams
The ones in post #1 in this thread are still current and certainly both sets were planned to run, however with all the disruption today with the Marches being blocked I'm not totally sure what's ended up where.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MP393

T

The ones in post #1 in this thread are still current and certainly both sets were planned to run, however with all the disruption today with the Marches being blocked I'm not totally sure what's ended up where.

67010 is showing on the Crewe starter diagram tomorrow. It was out today and did a few Manchester-Shrewsbury turn backs before being sent to the shed around 14:30. Presumably to make sure it doesn’t end up working with crew which don’t sign it, with all the step-ups which happened this afternoon

alistairlees

Established Member
T

Thanks. I had no idea there had been problems. What happened? I see that trains have only just started running through Ludlow today.

sd0733

Established Member
67010 is showing on the Crewe starter diagram tomorrow. It was out today and did a few Manchester-Shrewsbury turn backs before being sent to the shed around 14:30. Presumably to make sure it doesn’t end up working with crew which don’t sign it, with all the step-ups which happened this afternoon
Ah that makes sense, some Shrewsbury drivers would probably end up on it otherwise at some point.

sd0733

Established Member
Thanks. I had no idea there had been problems. What happened? I see that trains have only just started running through Ludlow today.

See the above thread for why it's been shut

The Crewe start diagram is now allocated to 67010+HD05, I believe 67025+HD07 is planned for the Cardiff start.

Anonymous10

Established Member
T

What happened on the Marches sorry?.

317 forever

Established Member
I wonder whether these will change now that there are 197s taking over some diagrams on these routes.

MP393

I wonder whether these will change now that there are 197s taking over some diagrams on these routes.

The 67 diagrams should remain the same as it was always planned to alternate Mk4 - 197 - Mk4 two hourly on the Manchester-South Wales route

alistairlees

Established Member

See the above thread for why it's been shut

The Crewe start diagram is now allocated to 67010+HD05, I believe 67025+HD07 is planned for the Cardiff start.
Thanks. I have just got on at Church Stretton and it is indeed 67025. Something is rattling really badly in 1st class though...

DEAN MURPHY

Could somebody please confirm the 16.30 service from Manchester Piccadilly-Swansea is still Class 67 & Mark 4 coaches? I was told by TFW it was but looking at RealTraintimes it shows as a 197 the last few days. Only the 14.30 service is listed. Please advise. Thank you.

MP393

Could somebody please confirm the 16.30 service from Manchester Piccadilly-Swansea is still Class 67 & Mark 4 coaches? I was told by TFW it was but looking at RealTraintimes it shows as a 197 the last few days. Only the 14.30 service is listed. Please advise. Thank you.

It’s 197101 tonight

sd0733

Established Member
On paper it is a 67 but that diagram hasn't run for a few days.

That diagram is planned a Mk4 tomorrow as it stands

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I don't know if you've read about the 67 availability issues upthread, but that will play a part in why you may have seen consistent 197s on what you know to be 67 diagrams.

high camera

The 67 set did run today, I saw it arrive and leave mid afternoon, the red and white set. (Manchester)

67025 I think

sd0733

Established Member
The 67 set did run today, I saw it arrive and leave mid afternoon, the red and white set. (Manchester)

67025 I think
There's been 2 sets out, now 3 this evening, but the 16:30 from Manchester wasn't one, was a 197.

50002Superb

Any idea what diagrams will be 67 hauled on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th January please?

If so which 67s and MK5 sets are most likely?

sd0733

Established Member
Any idea what diagrams will be 67 hauled on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th January please?

If so which 67s and MK5 sets are most likely?
Not yet. Saturdays are a little harder to judge but on a Friday the least reliable diagram is the one starting Crewe at 04:54, the other 3 generally run fairly reliably at the moment.

HD01 should still be out with 67029 as both are fresh off exams.

Other than that HD02 (67022), 05 (67025) and 06 (67008) may still be out as they won't be out of exam days but will be getting close by then so may have been replaced by some of HD03 (67015), HD04 (67010) or HD07 (no loco currently) that are at Crewe, Canton and Crewe respectively on exams if they're ready by then.

Obviously few days between now and then so may be loco swaps too! Normally known by mid-week for those days.

50002Superb

Not yet. Saturdays are a little harder to judge but on a Friday the least reliable diagram is the one starting Crewe at 04:54, the other 3 generally run fairly reliably at the moment.

HD01 should still be out with 67029 as both are fresh off exams.

Other than that HD02 (67022), 05 (67025) and 06 (67008) may still be out as they won't be out of exam days but will be getting close by then so may have been replaced by some of HD03 (67015), HD04 (67010) or HD07 (no loco currently) that are at Crewe, Canton and Crewe respectively on exams if they're ready by then.

Obviously few days between now and then so may be loco swaps too! Normally known by mid-week for those days.
I’m after 008 and 013 so hopefully can get one or both on those days.

sd0733

Established Member
I’m after 008 and 013 so hopefully can get one or both on those days.
008 failed the other day but should be back out tomorrow. 013 hasn't been with TfW for a while; it failed at Hereford whilst running light engine to Canton then after being repaired made it from Crewe to Nantwich before failing again and hasn't been back since so those 2 haven't had a great time. 008 is normally one of the better ones though.

Looking at that one specifically 008 should go through the 3 day diagram cycle Tuesday-Thursday so if it's out on Friday it'll be in one of the 2 Crewe starts. Obviously that's if nothing changes which at this point so far out is a big if!!

KnobbyGB

Are the Manchester Cardiff diagrams set to continue through the winter timetable (disruption accepted of course)? I was in the UK last October and really enjoyed a couple of runs behind 67s Crewe to Newport and back. I'd like to do that again when I'm there at the end of March. I will have a first class Interrail ticket (again) so I'm trying to maximise my value for money on 'real' trains!

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Are the Manchester Cardiff diagrams set to continue through the winter timetable (disruption accepted of course)? I was in the UK last October and really enjoyed a couple of runs behind 67s Crewe to Newport and back. I'd like to do that again when I'm there at the end of March. I will have a first class Interrail ticket (again) so I'm trying to maximise my value for money on 'real' trains!

Welcome to the forum. All the even hours from Manchester will MK4, and a few odd hours will be too, by the time you're next back in Blighty.