• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales (TfW) Class 67+ Mk4 diagrams

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Are the Manchester Cardiff diagrams set to continue through the winter timetable (disruption accepted of course)? I was in the UK last October and really enjoyed a couple of runs behind 67s Crewe to Newport and back. I'd like to do that again when I'm there at the end of March. I will have a first class Interrail ticket (again) so I'm trying to maximise my value for money on 'real' trains!
But Newport of all places!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Welcome to the forum. All the even hours from Manchester will MK4, a few odd hours will be too, by the time you're next back in Blighty.
Erm, say what?
I believe you have it the other way round as if you were referring to the 197s. All the odd hours from Manchester will be 197, a few even hours will be too. Is what you mean I think.

For a start, all odds except for the 1730 and 1930 (booked 3 and 2 car 197 respectively) run to Carmarthen or beyond. MK4 should be every other hours two day except with a gap. 197s every other hour, plus the gap, and the 2030 to Crewe.

But Newport of all places!!
Having lived in Cardiff for three years now, I’m starting to think it’s really not that much nicer these days.

03_179

Established Member
A bit of an ask but could someone post the full diagrams please?

Are they CF901 inwards ?

I know some aren't running as the loco hauled services all the time but it'd be good to have an idea what "should" be 67s then I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
A bit of an ask but could someone post the full diagrams please?

I know some aren't running as the loco hauled services all the time but it'd be good to have an idea what "should" be 67s then I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

sd0733

Established Member
Thanks they are dated 2018 so wondered if they have been updated
They're newer than that as the Manchesters hadn't been thought of in 2018! They're still the correct diagrams anyway.

sd0733

Established Member
As theyre not listed there, For completeness the current weekend diagrams are:

Saturday:
Diagram 1
04:35 Cardiff to Manchester
08:30 Manchester to Cardiff
12:52 Cardiff to Manchester
16:30 Manchester to Swansea
ECS Swansea to Canton

Diagram 2
ECS Crewe to Manchester