• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andrewep86

I have paper tests a week Monday but haven’t received the practice booklet. What are the tests as I’d like to prepare beforehand. This would be my dream role so if anyone knows what needs to be practiced then I’d highly value your help. Thanks

mpfol

I have paper tests a week Monday but haven’t received the practice booklet. What are the tests as I’d like to prepare beforehand. This would be my dream role so if anyone knows what needs to be practiced then I’d highly value your help. Thanks
I’m the same still haven’t received my practice booklet yet I’m hoping we will receive it Monday

gareth386

Good evening all, I'm after a bit of info regarding the current TFW Driver Shunter Job that is advertised for Canton please.
I've had a look on here but can't find anything about it, although you know what the search function is like.
Does anyone know what the roster looks like? Is it 8 or 12 hours and what sort of pattern it is?
If it has been answered already can someone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you

Faff81

When you have the confirmation email it has the booklet attached to the email. At least it did in October when I sat mine.

rossi006

These forums will have all the info you need on the paper assessments, it’s been outstanding for me on my current journey! Good luck

Rigvon

Have they confirmed the assessment is booked in after you replied or did you just reply to the initial invite? The practice materials are always attached with the assessment confirmation. If they’ve made a mistake and not attached them it would be unfair to ask you to sit the test without preparation time.

Also check your junk mail just in case confirmation with the practice materials went there.

Wincey123

Passed DMI this week, medical booked for 1st Feb and provisional training start date of 13th March! Cardiff Depot
Wow congrats mate! That’s such a quick turnaround! Bet you are buzzing! I’m awaiting my DMI, any tips would be appreciated! Did they tell you if you passed at the interview or did you have to wait? Thanks in advance

Rigvon

Wow congrats mate! That’s such a quick turnaround! Bet you are buzzing! I’m awaiting my DMI, any tips would be appreciated! Did they tell you if you passed at the interview or did you have to wait? Thanks in advance
No I had to wait for an email but it came within 48 hours.

I would say make sure you prepare some examples, similar to MMI.

Know TFW history and future plans. You need to be able to answer why you want this job and why you would be right for it.

jal2610

Cheers buddy. The preparation begins! Just need an actual date for the interview now!
I'm in the same boat as you it seems. Waiting on a date for my DMI. I found out i'd passed the MMI on Tuesday and they said they will be in contact in the next few weeks to arrange a date for the DMI. Hoping a few weeks means no more than 2 :D as i just want to get it over and done with!

Rigvon

I'm in the same boat as you it seems. Waiting on a date for my DMI. I found out i'd passed the MMI on Tuesday and they said they will be in contact in the next few weeks to arrange a date for the DMI. Hoping a few weeks means no more than 2 :D as i just want to get it over and done with!
The wait can feel endless but I’d use the time for prep. Good luck

jal2610

The wait can feel endless but I’d use the time for prep. Good luck
ye the wait is definitely the worst bit. I've been prepping for questions since before i had the first paper assessment because my initial email said id be doing everything on the one day so id prepped for the potential MMI questions :D. Im hoping ive covered every question they could possibly ask haha

mpfol

Has anyone received a reply for the paper assessment day on the 30th January? Just wondering if it was already full before I could email back my yes.

Wincey123

I passed the week before and still waiting! Praying it’s soon! Good luck to you!

TOPCOVER71

No just an email saying I’d been shortlisted. Chuffed as thought I hadn’t and guess it shows how many are going for it

Dorian Grey

Hi, I got an invite for the paper tests on 9/10 Jan in Chester. I replied to ask if other dates or an online test was available as I’m in Australia until February but got no reply. I’ve since sent another 3 emails but nothing and no phone number I can find. I don’t want to annoy them by keep sending emails so I was wondering from those who’ve been through the process if they tend to give another date eventually as I really want to stay in the process! Thanks

TOPCOVER71

Hi, I got an invite for the paper tests on 9/10 Jan in Chester. I replied to ask if other dates or an online test was available as I’m in Australia until February but got no reply. I’ve since sent another 3 emails but nothing and no phone number I can find. I don’t want to annoy them by keep sending emails so I was wondering from those who’ve been through the process if they tend to give another date eventually as I really want to stay in the process! Thanks
They said that they will be sending more dates as soon as they become available. Just a case of sitting tight I think

Dorian Grey

They said that they will be sending more dates as soon as they become available. Just a case of sitting tight I think
Thanks, hope that’s the case as I’ve heard nothing. Have they been contacting some people then? I was starting to fear the worst. Fingers crossed, I’ll stop chasing them then

Logger79

Good evening all, I'm after a bit of info regarding the current TFW Driver Shunter Job that is advertised for Canton please.
I've had a look on here but can't find anything about it, although you know what the search function is like.
Does anyone know what the roster looks like? Is it 8 or 12 hours and what sort of pattern it is?
If it has been answered already can someone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you
It's a 4 on 4 off pattern, 12 hour shifts.

rossi006

Made it through to DMI. Anyone who has sat this that has any advice or information around the types of questions would be great. Thanks

RyanC87

Made it through to DMI. Anyone who has sat this that has any advice or information around the types of questions would be great. Thanks
Learn some bits about the company, traction, future plans, investments etc.

Then it'll be some competency based questions.

Why you will be a good driver, what you expect from being a driver, what a driver might do etc.