• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelling with Beer Polypins

Status
Not open for further replies.
An odd question, but I'm wondering if there would be any problems if I transported two 10-litre "polypins" (see example below), with beer in them, on a train. I would be travelling with ATW from Ludlow to Manchester.

ale-polypin-18-pint.jpg

Just travelling with them - not drinking from them on the train! :roll:

Would there be any problems? Would the conductor mind them if stacked neatly in the luggage hold?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
I think I would issue an Accompanied Articles ticket if I was feeling mean ;)

(no more than half the adult fare)

In reality, you probably won't be charged anything though. Just avoid busy trains and don't block tables/seats with your items- or you deserve to be charged!!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It depends on the dimensions of them, you can carry two items that are no larger than 90x70x30cm, plus one more smaller item. Any bigger and you may have to pay extra.

Right, so it seems like I should be okay. They're not that big as such (about 40x40x40 cm or so), just was wondering if they'd kick up a fuss about transporting the volume of beer (36 pints in total...)!

There's something nostalgic or wistful about transporting real ale straight from the brewery in Ludlow (which is by the railway line close to the station) by train direct to Manchester...

I drink lots of beer - real ale if I can, especially from Salopian breweries - but never on the train! I can just imagine though pouring a pint from the luggage rack though... must resist the temptation! ;)

shinkansen09

I drink lots of beer - real ale if I can, especially from Salopian breweries - but never on the train! I can just imagine though pouring a pint from the luggage rack though... must resist the temptation! ;)

You must avoid putting them in a rack at the end of a coach as someone may drink them for you......what date/time train from where to where?:lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Cut the traincrew in and I'm sure it'll be fine. A couple of pints each should suffice. ;)

O L Leigh

God bless DOO ! That would be 4 pints then O L :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.