• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trespassers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Demps

dont have much of a life if they are amused with being on a train track :o

Jonno2055

By the looks a couple of Essex chavs seeing as that looks like a great Eastern unit. Could be a 315.

ikar

Jonno2055 said:
By the looks a couple of Essex chavs seeing as that looks like a great Eastern unit. Could be a 315.

Hmm, didn't see electrification colums anywhere, and the train looks like it's in the Regional railways livery...

Coxster

Established Member
If you pause it at the right time it definately looks like a FGE liveried 315 and I can make out the overhead wire masts on the right hand side of the film at the beginning and when he turns around you can see one next to the crossing on the left.

Definately a chav because the caption reads "me and ma cuz messin bout on da train tracks and den a train cums!!".

Idiots :roll:

I had something similar happen to me on Tuesday. Some kids arsing about on the foot crossing north or Arlesey... They moved out of the way in time, but luckily for them there was nothing coming on the other lines.

Jonno2055

I saw that. I hate Essex and that style of writing. Bois in stead of Boys and all of that. Just to mention that bois is actually drink in french I belive. Idiots :lol:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Jonno2055 said:
Just to mention that bois is actually drink in french I belive. Idiots :lol:

Indeed it is - from boire - to drink, je bois - I drink iirc.

H

HR2

Bois is French for WOOD as in collection of trees as well. So Theydon Bois is Theydon Wood. Same a Bois De Boulogne is Wood of Boulogne. Me French spelling ain't no good but the meaning in right. So you can get a chav at Theydon Bois drunk in the trees. Very apt I think.

jonb

Established Member
Looks like the Southminster branch to me, single track Woodham is full of chavs but then again where isnt these days!

jonb

Established Member
Correction - tis Romford - Upminster branch, quite bad for vandalism, trespass, etc.

AJP

I thought the railways around Glasgow were a designed place to walk the dog, I saw 3 between Whifflet and Glasgow Central!

Demps

Royalscot said:
Trespassers tend to be middle aged men that are talking the dog for a quick walk and are using the railway as a shortcut. If they're challenged they tend to come out will some BS about 'I've done it for years'.

The most blatant trespass incident I have know of is a certain signal box received a letter from a leader of a fox hunt, instructing the signalman on duty on one Saturday afternoon to 'caution all trains for the afternoon because we might just have to cross the railway'. BTW the service was on average one train every five minutes on both lines, so that's some delay. I don't know what happened with that one, but I saw the letter, it's quite true.

****ing amazing, the blatency of these people realy does P I S S me of.

Dennis

Established Member
Just out of interest, what would happen if a driverless ATO train (eg DLR) hits a trespasser? Presumably, it would just carry on as if nothing happened.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Dennis said:
Just out of interest, what would happen if a driverless ATO train (eg DLR) hits a trespasser? Presumably, it would just carry on as if nothing happened.
I'd guess so.... not too sure

T

Tom

I believe that the door controls feature an emergency stop feature on the DLR, a Central driver can simply move the CTBC out of position, and a Vic driver can just put the CTBC in Emergency.

Nick W

Established Member
Dennis said:
I believe the reason the DLR can be ATO is that there are no foot crossings or level crossings and emg buttons on the platform.

Met Driver

Established Member
Nick W said:
I believe the reason the DLR can be ATO is that there are no foot crossings or level crossings and emg buttons on the platform.

:? :?

Dennis said:

It depends on the system in use. If a member of staff was present at the front of the train (as is always the case on the Central & Victoria lines, and sometimes the DLR) the operator would apply the emergency brake by whatever method is necessary on the train concerned. If there was no crew member present at the front of the train (as is sometimes the case on the DLR), the train would simply run over the trespasser/jumper/etc, unless someone managed to hit the emergency stop plunger on the platform in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.