• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA: Services that don’t stop at *any* stations managed by that TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Ah, the morning GWR Portsmouth to Brighton train. That's a good one!

That's why I mentioned it earlier in the thread... :D

I think regarding the Southern discussions just above, there are no normal SN services between Portsmouth and Southampton, although they have run during engineering works, with trains out berthed, but I don't think it's happened for at least 2 or 3 years.

Then the idea that SN have a station somewhere along there may have cropped up because in a couple of previous discussions, it was suggested that Swanwick should be a Southern station on the basis that they provide most services there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbouring

That's why I mentioned it earlier in the thread... :D

I think regarding the Southern discussions just above, there are no normal SN services between Portsmouth and Southampton, although they have run during engineering works, with trains out berthed, but I don't think it's happened for at least 2 or 3 years.

Then the idea that SN have a station somewhere along there may have cropped up because in a couple of previous discussions, it was suggested that Swanwick should be a Southern station on the basis that they provide most services there.

Wasn't trying to claim it as a new idea of course, just reiterating in Context of Fratton Depot.
Wouldn't Reading itself also disqualify the service?

That is Network Rail I think

Top Cat

Dean and Mottisfont & Dunbridge - managed by Great Western but served by South West Trains (now SWR) Salisbury-Romsey-Southampton-Eastleigh-Romsey services.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Dean and Mottisfont & Dunbridge - managed by Great Western but served by South West Trains (now SWR) Salisbury-Romsey-Southampton-Eastleigh-Romsey services.

This isn't the question this time round. We are looking for services that don't call at any of the operating TOCs stations...

pemma

Veteran Member
There's an early Crewe to Liverpool service operated by LM which runs non-stop to Runcorn, so that doesn't call at any LM managed stations.

Kite159

Veteran Member
08:19 Romsey - Brighton on Sundays

Technically it doesn't stop at any GWR managed stations (ignoring the fact it starts from Romsey which is a GWR outpost :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.