• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations served by only one train type

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6130

Established Member
Back in the day, the first generation DMUs rarely ventured south of Kilmarnock.
In the late 1970s/early 1980s there was a regular weekday out-and-back working from Ayr to Carlisle with a three car Swindon Inter-City class 126 unit. I caught it back from Kirkconnel one day in - think 1980 - when I had gone down from Central with 26 031, which I needed for haulage. If I find the appropriate notebook, I'll post it on the "Back in the Day" thread.

I seem to recall seeing more than one shot of a 126 at Carlisle in the early 1980s when the Intermediate DMS had lost the gangway connections. Presumably they appeared in the 1970s as well.
See above.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scotrail84

Established Member
Resited Bathgate has also had a 158 and 170 serve it before the A2B fully reopened and it continued for a period after the line opened. I recall doing it in the first few weeks and saw a 170 roll in on a terminating service.
And 156's as well (occasionally)

Deepgreen

Established Member
And an eye-opener - this thread must be a contender for the fastest amount of replies by posters who've not read the question properly :)

I'm sorry, but you've all failed your test :)
Given its ambiguity at the start, it's fairly forgivable. Wording is crucial - 'stations that have only ever been served by one train type in their history' would have clinched it.

Sorry if it's been mentioned (and is even correct!) - Hythe and Hythe Pier (or is standard gauge/national rail network also a stipulation)?

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Most German S-Bahn stations apart from those where RE services call also.

leytongabriel

Any sleepy branch lines or narrow gauge lines that didn't survive that long and so were worked only by a loco or two of the same type?

Status
Not open for further replies.