• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations that have a road bridge going over the platform(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Given there's a couple of thousand stations, surely this runs well over 100? Polmont and Larbert for two. Glasgow Queen Street

St Albans City (all 4 Platforms)
Flitwick (all 4 Platforms)
City Thameslink (Ludgate Hill end ~ although you could argue it is a tunnel at that point ...)
West Hampstead Thameslink (just Platform 1 ~ up slow)

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Not sure if it counts but Orton Mere on the Nene Valley Railway does.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Angel Road - Though I believe it's technically a trio of viaducts rather than a bridge. Regardless, they cross over the London end of the platforms.

Dagenham Dock - The A13 crosses the London end of the platforms, though again may technically be a viaduct at that point.

Iskra

Established Member
Question: Did the former WCML platforms at Carnforth continue under the road bridge?

D365

Veteran Member
Not sure if it counts but Orton Mere on the Nene Valley Railway does.

Good shout! Certainly wasn't good for my lungs to park a Deltic underneath it...

I believe that the A14 viaduct at Huntingdon station passes above the northern end of southbound Platform 2.

adamedwards

Huntingdon has a bridge over a bridge over the station:

A14 goes over the road and railway.

Beat that!

Established Member
A road bridge goes over the gap between the two platforms at Kirkby, I suppose that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.