• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Which stations have numbered platforms which are unserved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
IIRC keithly patform 3 is not used to stop trains in normal service (1 and 2 are used by national rail, 4 is used to stop KWVR trains, 3 serves as a run-around loop), i'm not sure if there are any platform number signs on it though.
Keighley P3 is used for all big events with more than 2 trains out and about.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sd0733

Established Member
Do any services use platform 4 at Hereford any more?
One was booked on ot yesterday! Thought I'd do it for the novelty value. It failed and never left! Just shunted out and coupled onto another unit heading to Cardiff.
1st time ever seen a train in there.

Pokelet

Ditto Northfield! (and, until very recently, Barnt Green for 1 & 2)
Not quite on Barnt Green. Before the wires got to Bromsgrove there was one train per day each wat that stopped on the Bhm-hfd basically to get kids to the grammar schools in Worcester

Sprinter107

Not quite on Barnt Green. Before the wires got to Bromsgrove there was one train per day each wat that stopped on the Bhm-hfd basically to get kids to the grammar schools in Worcester
It was 2 trains each way.

VT 390

Established Member
One was booked on ot yesterday! Thought I'd do it for the novelty value. It failed and never left! Just shunted out and coupled onto another unit heading to Cardiff.
1st time ever seen a train in there.
Where was the train originally booked to go?

JBuchananGB

Isn't there an unnumbered platform at Hooton as well
Correct. Track not electrified, but referred to on signage as Platform 0. All passengers have to use it on their way to the footbridge to platforms 2 & 3, which are served by frequent services. Platform 1 has electrified track to buffer stops.

kkong

And just when I mention it on this thread, guess what platform I arrived on last night?

First time in about 10 year I've used 7S.

7S is used fairly regularly.

I used it quite a bit a couple of years ago (heading to Dyce, joining a through train from the south) and I left 7S for Glasgow last Saturday morning on the 08:49, having arrived into 7N from Dyce at 08:41.

JW16

There are a couple of late night GA trains that stop at a couple of the metro stations. Not sure if these use the EL or ML platforms though. @swills may know.
The only Greater Anglia trains that call at any station other than Romford are the 05:37 at Seven Kings on the ML platform 1 and the 01:06 at Gidea Park but that uses the regular EL platform 4. So the answer to the OP is both ML platforms at all the other intermediate stations between Stratford and Shenfield, except platform 1 at Seven Kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.