• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trouble with Firefox 70.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Without warning, my computer browser updated itself to Firefox 70.0, a version that appears to date from two days ago.

Ever since then my internet seems to have become unstable and keeps crashing. Has anyone else had this problem ?.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
I've been having similar problems for a couple of weeks; I just checked and I'm on Firefox 70.0. I don't know if it makes any difference that I use Ubuntu.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I did wonder whether its a dud update, but my internet provider now seems to think that there's a problem with the network, so who knows !

cactustwirly

Established Member
Me too. They seem to be ropey at times.

Yeah Virgin are a bit crap, the broadband down the phone line was much faster last year.
My Virgin broadband drops out sometimes in the evening, which it never did with other suppliers

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yeah Virgin are a bit crap, the broadband down the phone line was much faster last year.
My Virgin broadband drops out sometimes in the evening, which it never did with other suppliers

Indeed. Well, I agree they can be problematic, but at the same time I've had software updates that have made my computer go haywire, so I don't trust any of them.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Firefox crashed again a few minutes ago, I've no reason to think it's a connection problem in fact I seem to recall seeing something about graphics being the cause on one occasion. Looking back at crash reports it appears the problem started 10 Oct.

Bantamzen

Established Member
I used to be a huge fan of FF, but in recent years it just doesn't seem to have worked so well on Windows systems, and has been a mare on Android, so these days I limit it to my Linux based machine. A shame really, for a good while it was one of the most reliable browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.