• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRUST - how to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
Wondering if anyone on here can help me.

I now have access to a machine with TRUST on it, however haven’t been shown how to use it to its full potential, only the basics ie a list of services at a location. I’d like to be able to use it to its full potential such as being able to see a list of units at an inputted location.

I believe this is possible as I’ve seen it done before, I just don’t know how to do it and would like to be able to do it.

If anyone is able to teach me how to use it it would be most appreciated. Feel free to DM me if it’s something you’d rather share privately.

Thanks
Anthony

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If you are doing a line-up ("TSID"/"TSIJ") at a location, type "ua" and "ua off" to toggle between allocations.

You can also type "v" alongside a service to bring up full formation information.

If you are doing a line-up ("TSID"/"TSIJ") at a location, type "ua" and "ua off" to toggle between allocations.

You can also type "v" alongside a service to bring up full formation information.
Brilliant, thanks for that. I knew there was a way to do it, just didn’t know how!

I understand you input TSID/TSIJ as first thing on the initial start up screen, but where would I type ua or ya off?

I know of the ‘V’ method (vehicles) but at a larger location it may take a while to find any useful allocations! :D

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
TSID/TSIJ should bring up the enquiry screen where you can specify the parameters in terms of location, previous/future points in the journey, date, timescale, sector, etc, to bring up a line-up of services fulfilling those criteria.

On the resultant line-up screen you can type the "ua" (unit allocation) command and it will show allocation for all services in the line-up.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Attached below is an example of the above, at Nottingham for services from St Pancras today between 1500 and 2200.

Attachments

• Capture001.JPG
    Capture001.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Capture002.JPG
    Capture002.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Capture003.JPG
    Capture003.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Capture004.JPG
    Capture004.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 138
  • Capture005.JPG
    Capture005.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Capture006.JPG
    Capture006.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Capture007.JPG
    Capture007.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Capture008.JPG
    Capture008.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Capture009.JPG
    Capture009.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 139
  • Capture010.JPG
    Capture010.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 146

Highlandspring

Established Member
Surely your employer has provided you with training since you obviously require access to TRUST for your role. Otherwise you wouldn’t have access to it, would you?

You’ll also no doubt have been made aware that your # signon and LATA is unique to you and can be audited at any time so the powers-that-be can see exactly what you’ve been looking at.

66Yorks

Surely your employer has provided you with training since you obviously require access to TRUST for your role. Otherwise you wouldn’t have access to it, would you?

You’ll also no doubt have been made aware that your # signon and LATA is unique to you and can be audited at any time so the powers-that-be can see exactly what you’ve been looking at.
My thoughts as well! You don't just get given a piece of software and not expect to be given training on how to use it properly. Surely it has been given for the specific job role that it is intended for?

I was under the impression there are strict rules on TRUST deployment, but I may be wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My thoughts as well! You don't just get given a piece of software and not expect to be given training on how to use it properly.
Happens all the time (in many jobs, especially in the rail industry!) Feel free to create a new thread if you'd like to discuss that further.

(I have edited your post so that your reply is below the quote you are referring to)

Dren Ahmeti

I prefer TRJA if you want a line-up for a specific location, a “V” in the left-hand column will show the unit consist, a “P” shows the full details, and a “D” shows the full delay + any other details”.

Mind you, TSID Paddington, then UA, was a surefire way of finding your HST home a couple of months ago :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.