• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Try Being a Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Three hours in the Voyager simulator can be bid for here (includes travel to Crewe on Virgin Trains services).

Alternatively go on work experience with a TOC and go in theirs for free :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D306

Established Member
good choice there nath. it maybe an experience to drive a proper simulator, but why pay loads of money when you can get one for free?

good choice there nath. it maybe an experience to drive a proper simulator, but why pay loads of money when you can get one for free?

because, i assume, that actually having a real cab interface infront of you is a tad more realistic than having a keyboard infront of you.

Tom B

Established Member
The solution of course is to rig BVE up to a cab ;).

The Snap

Established Member
Can easily be done with a few levers, wires and a screen...:razz:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds fun, I'll have to look at it and see what's going on with it.

Would be swish to try driving in a simulator!

EDIT: Just a pity I can't afford to bid for that...

Craig

Established Member
The solution of course is to rig BVE up to a cab ;).
I'm not sure if you were still around, but at the end of Acton Jason was talking about butchering a keyboard/joystick and attempting to rig up a basic cab.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
It's now currently on £205!

I was actually considering bidding for it, when it was at around £120 (which to me is far too much) but some nutter has now bid £205(!)

I doubt i'll ever get the opportunity to bid for it again in a different auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.