• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two 5-car Azuma sets joined together to form one service

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom73

I am booked in Coach B departing from King's Cross on one of these joined up Azuma services. Will I be in the rear unit or the front unit? I generally go to the train the very second the platform number finally appears on the board. If I am booked in the rear unit, am I allowed to have a quick look for unreserved seats in the front unit and sit myself down if I find one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I am booked in Coach B departing from King's Cross on one of these joined up Azuma services. Will I be in the rear unit or the front unit? I generally go to the train the very second the platform number finally appears on the board. If I am booked in the rear unit, am I allowed to have a quick look for unreserved seats in the front unit and sit myself down if I find one?

B should be the second coach from the front at King's Cross.

route101

Established Member

Nothing to stop you taking a unreserved seat

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Nothing to stop you taking a unreserved seat

...unless the train is really busy, you are travelling on an advance ticket and the train manager inforces the requirement for those ticket holders to sit in their reserved seat. This is unusual but can happen.

route101

Established Member
...unless the train is really busy, you are travelling on an advance ticket and the train manager inforces the requirement for those ticket holders to sit in their reserved seat. This is unusual but can happen.

Yes had that once on Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.