• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

two stations together with no services between them

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Veteran Member
down on the st ives branch in cornwall, Lelant, and Lelant saltings, Lelant is used on early morning and late evening services, and saltings is used during the day, there is one service in each direction per day that is marked as a request stop to call at both, but i've never seen the service call at both together, and i commute daily on the service marked to request call both

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
Pollokshields East - Pollokshields West
Crossmyloof - Pollokshields West / Pollokshields East
Cathcart - Kings Park
Kennishead - Thornliebank
Williamwood - Clarkston
Coatbridge Central - Coatbridge Sunnyside
Kelvindale - Westerton
Singer - Clydebank
Paisley Gilmour Street - Paisley Canal
Cardonald - Mosspark / Hillington East
Hillington West / Hillington East - Crookston
Glasgow Queen Street - Argyle Street
Glasgow Central - Glasgow Queen Street (an actual train journey takes about 40 minutes!)

rail-britain

Established Member
Eh? There's no service, nor even a line, between these stations...
There is no line between Drem and Dunbar, already mentioned above
My list meets the criteria, as you need to travel to another station in order to complete the journey

rail-britain

Established Member
Apologies, that should read :
North Berwick and Dunbar

I was on a train to North Berwick and it failed to stop at Drem, that's why I got that confused
The driver made an additional announcement as we arrived at North Berwick, that passengers for Drem should stay on the train
The only time I have been from Edinburgh to Drem via North Berwick!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
My list meets the criteria, as you need to travel to another station in order to complete the journey

What criteria?

As creator of this Thread, and therefore the boss :D, and this goes for evryone, it must be a REGULAR PASSENGER ROUTE where you cannot reach thre next station if joining at the previous one... like Burnley Manc Rd is served by Bpl N-York trains, which do not call at Rose Grove, the next station on that line.

4SRKT

Established Member
Right that the North Berwick/Dunbar combo doesn't fit the thread criteria. Possibly right about loads of other things besides, but I can't tell that from here ;)

ert47

I'd agree with that definition, except I'd rule out freight or stock movement only lines.

How about Selhurst -> Norwood Junction?

As far as im aware, theres a line connecting the two stations, but its pretty much been taken out by the depot

Andrew Nelson

Deighton - Brighouse

Belper - Chesterfield

Hazel Grove - Chinley

Whiteabbey - Mossley West (in that direction only)

Kirkham & Wesham is between Salwick and Poulton-le-Fylde BTW.

Deighton - Brighouse has an hourly sevice direct, reverse Via Huddersfield.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Perfect one is Kings Cross, and St. Pancrack, there next to each other, literaly.

How far would you have to go to change trains to com back, some distance I bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotrail84

Established Member
North Berwick and Dunbar

I was on a train to North Berwick and it failed to stop at Drem, that's why I got that confused
The driver made an additional announcement as we arrived at North Berwick, that passengers for Drem should stay on the train
The only time I have been from Edinburgh to Drem via North Berwick![/QUOTE

Driver? Thats not a DOO service, sure it wasnt the Guard the made the announcement?

CarterUSM

Established Member
North Berwick and Dunbar

The only time I have been from Edinburgh to Drem via North Berwick![/QUOTE

Driver? Thats not a DOO service, sure it wasnt the Guard the made the announcement?

just wait, it might well be DOO soon enough, I've been waiting on an answer about the rolling stock and operation of North Berwick services when the 322's return to the leasing company for nearly a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.