• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comfy

Started with 5 on my assesment day. Not sure how many passed out of the 5.

Does anyone know if you get the results back from the medical the same day? Or does it take a few days to hear back?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jwc04

They have to send away/test later the drugs/urine test, for everything else I was told by the nurse that I was fine.

Volvictof

I’ve got mine in the morning.
any idea how long the tests take to come back?

What was the process for the medical actually? not sure what to expect.

Last edited:

Lonewolf32

I cant remember whats in the practice but there is group bordon(dots), trp1 and 2 which is answering questions about glop and the dials test, telephone directory and tones test, concentration test with the grey square that turns black, 2 hand co ordination test, and the photo test where you remember what was in the photo, situational judgement then the interview. Sorry can't remember the proper names for most of them.

So did they not do the written communication test at all?

BCS

Congratulations! I had the same news today, start in January hopefully subject to medical.

The Lurker

Got the good news about a start in January today (pending medical) so decided to stop being ‘read only’ and actually join the forum.
Congrats to the others getting the good news today and commiserations to those not so lucky. Long time to wait either way and well done for making it through to the chosen few

Lemtrac8

Anyone know if the pay still doubles after the 6 month training period or has that changed when they had the pay negotiations?

For those wanting a peek into the future, found a 360 virtual tour of the new trains:

Last edited:

CGS

Anyone know if the pay still doubles after the 6 month training period or has that changed when they had the pay negotiations?

For those wanting a peek into the future, found a 360 virtual tour of the new trains:

Still straight up to full pay once passed out I believe, congratulations on getting the job as well!

Nickfro

I believe the new pay award was gradual over two years meaning it starts on just under 20k, that rises to approx 43k after training then rises to 45k in Oct next year

when all drivers receive the final part of the two year pay deal. On top of these figures part of the new deal is to include two years of cost of living wages so not sure how that will affect the final figure.

Duns2208

Congratulations to all who’ve got through. Anyone here due to start on the 21st September also?

Status
Not open for further replies.