• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Slightly worried about the eye test if they test without glasses (if I make it though the assessment day). My vision is pretty bad without glasses but very good with.

Does anyone know the standard of vision without glasses?
My eyesight is terrible without glasses and I have quite a strong prescription (I was worried about this), yet I passed without any issues with my TOC. I think you may be surprised. Good luck.

MP99

My eyesight is terrible without glasses and I have quite a strong prescription (I was worried about this), yet I passed without any issues with my TOC. I think you may be surprised. Good luck.

Very reassuring to hear thanks. Will just have to cross that bridge if I make it that far.
Has anybody heard if they are in the top 40 yet?
No I also haven’t heard anything else yet.

Nickfro

Nothing new here following the email a couple of weeks ago. I’m assuming I’m not in the top 40 and will have to be patient I guess.
Well I guess no news is good news at this point. Until we hear of someone who has got through then we are all still in the pot and in with a chance. Fingers crossed and good luck.

Comfy

Can anyone whose recently done the psychometrics for metro tell me if you complete all the tests in one day or is it split over a couple of days?

jwc04

I completed the tests last November and it was all done in one day. Started at approximately 0845 and I didn't leave until almost 1700.

Sean93

Looks like I’m one of the first 40! Goodluck everyone! Also my date is 27th of august.

C001

Slightly worried about the eye test if they test without glasses (if I make it though the assessment day). My vision is pretty bad without glasses but very good with.

Does anyone know the standard of vision without glasses?

I

Last edited:

jeff1989

Ah well no email for me today so I guess I’ll have to wait my turn. Best of luck to you guys who did though :)

Comfy

I'm intrigued how the testing went today? Did it all run OK and how you found it wearing masks all day too? Do you find out on the day if its good news?

MP99

I’m pretty intrigued too having my assessment day aoon. Is it masks on all day as the second email suggested you ‘may’ be asked to wear one. Also intrigued about the MMI and how long it lasted for and whether you find out the result on the day?

Last edited:

Comfy

I’m pretty intrigued too having my assessment day tomorrow. Is it masks on all day as the second email suggested you ‘may’ be asked to wear one. Also intrigued about the MMI and how long it lasted for and whether you find out the result on the day?
Good luck for tomorrow. Mine is later in the month. I get very nervous in the run up to interviews/tests etc.
Im a bit concerned I'm not as sharp as I was 10 years ago... just hope I meet the standard. I'll either do really well or will crash out in the first test, as that's how my practice seems to have gone

MP99

Has anyone took the medical. I have mine coming up soon and after checking the regulations for eye sight my prescription may be above the standard for being long sighted. Are you asked to take a copy of your prescription?

Last edited:

Mr Heckles

Has anyone took the medical with Nexus metro. I have mine coming up soon and after checking the regulations for eye sight my prescription is above the standard for being long sighted. Are you asked to take a copy of your prescription?
I'm guessing your assessment went well then?

MP99

Congrats mate. Have you got a date for a medical and school yet?
Advised that the medical would be towards the end of the month.

Genuinely worried about the eyesight part of the medical now though after doing some research so it’s kind of dampened the good news a little.

Last edited:

Graeme13

I had my testing yesterday and was offered a position today subject to medical... obviously over the moon about it..
the testing was quite straightforward as long as you listen to and read the instructions before each part..
personally for me the interview was fine but I have applied for jobs I didn’t want over the last 6 months for interview experience.. and that took away the nerves for me.. I start at the beginning of October..

good luck to everyone waiting to go for testing

AreYouJoking?

On Moderation
Has anyone took the medical with Nexus metro. I have mine coming up soon and after checking the regulations for eye sight my prescription is above the standard for being long sighted. Are you asked to take a copy of your prescription?

No, you won't be asked for your prescription.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreYouJoking?

On Moderation

No, you won't be asked for your prescription.

Well, since a moderator has kindly edited my previous reply to remove the section where I explicitly mention why you would be endangering the safety of everyone on the T&W Metro network by not declaring your defective eyesight, I would just like to mention that I have sent an email to Nexus which includes a screenshot of your post, whereby I also ask that every potential new employee is subject to a more thorough eye testing procedure.

Here's hoping that your real initials aren't MP and that you weren't born in 1999...

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.