• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DI87

yeah he would read out the example I gave earlier during the testing then he would ask side questions like give me more detail about the situation, what challenges did you face, how did it make you feel, what did you do to change that etc! A lot of the time when he asked how it made me feel I would say stressed and pressurised! I thought by showing I can adapt and handle stressful situations it would look good until he made that comment ‘you get stressed a lot!’ Then I thought maybe I shouldn’t be saying this!

I felt some of my answers were ok But most I wasn’t too sure I should’ve said or were strong enough examples. I’m just hoping that if there is a total score I have to pass then the results from my tests and previous interview are high enough to offset what I felt was a poor final interview.
Sounds similar structure to my interview. To me him doing that was just a test of my concentration and whether or not I’d get flustered at being interrupted when speaking etc? Who knows mate. Best of luck anyways. Try not to stress about it too much. I’m guessing it’ll be tomorrow you might find out? Fingers crossed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

L2355

Sounds similar structure to my interview. To me him doing that was just a test of my concentration and whether or not I’d get flustered at being interrupted when speaking etc? Who knows mate. Best of luck anyways. Try not to stress about it too much. I’m guessing it’ll be tomorrow you might find out? Fingers crossed.

got the phone call today! Told I was successful!! She asked how I felt I done and told her I thought I did pretty good in the tests, I knew I passed those because I was told I passed! But I said I felt I let myself down in the interview, she admitted it was brutal compared to what happened in the past and a lot have been failing at the interview stage. Anyhow over the moon I’ve passed, next stage is a medical and been told I’ll be training in either January or May which came as a surprise because I was told it could take up to 2 years before you’re called.

DI87

got the phone call today! Told I was successful!! She asked how I felt I done and told her I thought I did pretty good in the tests, I knew I passed those because I was told I passed! But I said I felt I let myself down in the interview, she admitted it was brutal compared to what happened in the past and a lot have been failing at the interview stage. Anyhow over the moon I’ve passed, next stage is a medical and been told I’ll be training in either January or May which came as a surprise because I was told it could take up to 2 years before you’re called.
Get in there mate. Well done! It must just be the way they interview for it. Great start to the weekend. Keep me updated with when you’re getting started, I’ll do the same.

jeff1989

Excellent news well done mate congratulations! I’ve only got my first competency interview coming up next week so I feel a million miles away from getting the job so it must feel great to complete all the stages and be successfull. Crossing all my fingers and toes that one day I’ll get there myself lol

Comfy

Which psychometric tests do metro use? Ive heard it can vary slightly between toc. Also are the tests in doncaster or newcastle?
Thanks

C001

Crikey! That is not ideal. Thankfully mine went nothing like that. It’s good news when you hear back, definitely. Do you know the structured interview, the interviewer was asking me a question and then as soon as I was answering that one he was in asking a side question. I feel it’s something to do with concentration to see if you get sidetracked or not? I mentioned this to the lady that rang me with my result on Monday, and she mentioned a few people had said they felt that.

I’ve just passed the whole lot 6 months ago with dB down at donny structures interview was a pain in backside ... basically if your answering a question one of mine had a signal with a red aspect in it .. you have to describe everything what a signal does what Danger means ... why you called it a aspect .. you have to treat the interviewers as kids and describe everything the less you are prompted the better ... so for example one of my answers to a question was 40 mins long and she said it was a great answer and couldn’t of described it any better ... you may feel like your treating them as think in the interview but you are doing yourself a favour if you do .

Comfy

Has anyone interviewed in november heard anything back yet? I know officially its december to hear back but some from earlier interviews have progressed already.

Cyclist

Has anyone interviewed in november heard anything back yet? I know officially its december to hear back but some from earlier interviews have progressed already.
Well i was interviewed in september and haven't heard anything :D

Jarv4374

Hi all I’ve been in for interview today and was told that we will find out if we’ve made the next stage definitely by mid December. The lady processing the interviews is going on holiday and they will be sorted out by then . After this if successful you would go into a pool which would be drawn on for people to go and take the tests and a further structured interview. Good luck to all waiting, it won’t be too long now

Jarv4374

Anyone had an email this morning? They must be on the way out as had mine to say I made it through to the next stage , good luck all

tommyb2687

got mine this morning as well to say id made it through any idea how many arecin this pool

Cyclist

nothing yet for me, not looking good but i'll try and stay positive until i get something!

Cyclist

Same for me mate. Feel as though I’m waiting for the inevitable now. Awful feeling, just want to know now
i've sent an email to the person that sent me the initial interview invite. I'll let you and this thread know if I get anything in reply.

Sean93

I’ve had my email come through! Fantastic news this close to Christmas! Well done everyone!

cc3000

Hello. New to the forum. Just had my confirmation through as well. Waiting on a date for psychometrics now!

Status
Not open for further replies.