• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting new trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1nch26

Really 25 min?!?! Mine was just over an hour so I’m shocked about that!

Hmm... I'm thought the questions they asked were pretty straight forward so answered them well enough.....I think! I hope I've done enough!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mr Heckles

Had my interview last week. Mine was a similar length of time (around 25 minutes) as f1nch26 alluded to, i feel the questions were relativity straight forward. Didn't need any prompting, they were scribbling down continuously whilst i was answering. Came out of it feeling i had said all i wanted to say. Now it's a waiting game.

Caad12

The interview flew over. Caught me out with one or two questions so be prepared - though I didn’t leave any questions unanswered. Hope I’ve done enough though as I’d give my back teeth to join up with them.

Cyclist

They said they were looking for like 120-150 people for the talent pool!
wow I didn’t realise it would be such a large number tbh. At least that increases everyone’s chances. Good luck all. Only another month and a bit to wait!!

Caad12

Yes and possibly a wait of up to two years for a start. Absolutely fine by me as long as I’m in.
wow I didn’t realise it would be such a large number tbh. At least that increases everyone’s chances. Good luck all. Only another month and a bit to wait!!

DM24555

Good luck to you all. I’m also quite shocked at how many there after for the talent pool. Got my interview coming up soon, preparing the best I can just hope it all goes right on the day .

bornintheUAE

Hi everyone!

I had my interview yesterday; I can confirm they also told me they're looking for a talent pool of 100-150. One additional thing they told me is that after interviews, rather than send candidates down to Doncaster in one big lump as it looks like they've done in the past, they'll send them in batches in 40 or so, a couple of months before each school is due to start. Successful candidates from Doncaster will then be given a start date, and and if more pass than they need for that school, the remainder will automatically be on the next school. I hope that makes sense!
Good luck to all those with interviews coming up, and roll on December to find out how we've done!

C001

Hi everyone!

I had my interview yesterday; I can confirm they also told me they're looking for a talent pool of 100-150. One additional thing they told me is that after interviews, rather than send candidates down to Doncaster in one big lump as it looks like they've done in the past, they'll send them in batches in 40 or so, a couple of months before each school is due to start. Successful candidates from Doncaster will then be given a start date, and and if more pass than they need for that school, the remainder will automatically be on the next school. I hope that makes sense!
Good luck to all those with interviews coming up, and roll on December to find out how we've done!

If that’s regarding the test .. good luck with 40 at a time the class room only holds 6 for a test .

Andrew Swan

How did it go? I had mine nearly a couple of weeks ago now. I came out feeling it went great and then the more I think about it as time goes on I feel I could have answered better. Oh well . . . We'll find out soon.
It felt like it went well.
Some of the questions I feel like I answered really well.
There were one or two that I feel I could have done better with.
The people interviewing me were great, made me feel at ease.
Thankfully it’s not too long to wait to find out

Cyclist

Did they tell you when we’ll find out? Last I heard it was just “December”

BFC1882

Yeah, the people interviewing were great and did a really good job of making me feel comfortable. No, not long. Good luck.

DI87

I had my psychometric tests and structured interview on Friday, got the phonecall on Monday to say that I passed

Volvictof

I had my psychometric tests and structured interview on Friday, got the phonecall on Monday to say that I passed
So is that the whole process done for you? I thought the structured interview was the 1st interview with all the competencies.

DI87

I had my interview in Gosforth back in mid October and I too was told sometime in December that I’d find out. A week after that interview I got invited to the assessment day in town. That was Friday just gone. I think December is a ball park date and they’ll be in touch earlier as and when? The assessment day is split into 3 parts, you have to pass the first two to then progress onto the structured interview.

Cyclist

Congratulations on passing. Obviously it’s good news for you but a bit confusing for the rest of us who have to wait til December. Have you got a start date? I was told anywhere up to 2 years if I pass everything

DI87

Congratulations on passing. Obviously it’s good news for you but a bit confusing for the rest of us who have to wait til December. Have you got a start date? I was told anywhere up to 2 years if I pass everything
Hi there, I was told December too. Have you only just had your interview? Not sure how they’re organising things. No start date yet, but was told there’s a course in January and one in May too.

Volvictof

Confusing for me too. Interview went great. I’m always worried that I’ve missed or not received an email or something too lol.

I did mine very early October.

also Who’s seen the latest news, they have rejected a pay deal of a 15 percent increase. They are still wanting to be inline with other TOC drivers salaries. Good news for this of us who get the job I suppose.

CGS

Normally they would put everyone who has passed all of the tests into order based on highest scores and work down the list that way.

Cyclist

Hi there, I was told December too. Have you only just had your interview? Not sure how they’re organising things. No start date yet, but was told there’s a course in January and one in May too.
Mine was September. If I want to be pessimistic I could conclude that because you were interviewed after me I haven’t progressed but hopefully that’s not the case and I’ll stay positive til December :D

Mr Heckles

Mine was September. If I want to be pessimistic I could conclude that because you were interviewed after me I haven’t progressed but hopefully that’s not the case and I’ll stay positive til December :D

not necessarily, may just mean he was one of the highest scoring people.

DI87

I’d wait until December comes and if there’s still no news, maybe contact the lady in the emails. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.