• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne Yard, Gateshead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick82

I am interested to know how come Tyne Yard seems to be a lot busier these days. I have heard they are looking to develop some or part of the site but I also hear more traction and rolling stock are kept there over night. So is anyone in the know on what the going ons are currently on the site. Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I am interested to know how come Tyne Yard seems to be a lot busier these days. I have heard they are looking to develop some or part of the site but I also hear more traction and rolling stock are kept there over night. So is anyone in the know on what the going ons are currently on the site. Many thanks

have you noticed the big yellow high out put ballast cleaner lives there at the moment. Thats your answer.

I think LNWR also maintain some XC voyagers there over night

GatesheadLee

Just to let you know the ballast cleaner BCS3 has left and is currently located down at Whitemoor till around June July 2017. It is then returning to Tyne Yard to comtinue work between Dunbar And Edinburgh. ( and fortunately I'll be coming back home with it, cos home is where heart is !!! )

It will however be located at Miller Hill if work on the HOOB (high output operations base) is completed by that time.

Currently TRS4 is working out of Tyne and will be for the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.