• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uber ticketing

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
I thought I’d try the Uber app for a ticket purchase today, for travel tomorrow, but couldn’t find any option to add a PlusBus ??
Deliberate policy, or an oversight?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member
I'm guessing that's because Omio haven't added it to their booking engine. I've sent them a message about it.

Pemberton

I've been frequently purchasing Uber gift cards on sites such as Airtime Rewards or occasionally Amazon / Tesco gift cards if they have an offer. Until yesterday, I've always been able to add the 16 digit / letter code to my Uber account as a voucher code so I can use it on both train tickets and rides. Yesterday though, I got an error code when adding it with a message that I couldn't add it and instead, needed an Uber money account. So, I created one and, as has been mentioned previously, can't redeem the Uber money balance against train tickets. Any idea why the same type of code couldn't add as a voucher code and whether I might have this problem going forward as I've been forced to open an Uber money account and would like to go back to getting a code, entering it as a voucher code and being able to buy train tickets? Thanks.

James H

I haven’t found a way to redeem gift vouchers in such a way they can be used for rail tickets once an Uber Money account has been created

The workaround in my family is to use my wife’s Uber account for all ticket purchases

Pemberton

Understood. I don't know why in this instance all had changed and I was basically forced to create an Uber money account to redeem the voucher. Any idea on the possibility of deleting Uber Money part of the account once the credit has been used?

Mainline421

Understood. I don't know why in this instance all had changed and I was basically forced to create an Uber money account to redeem the voucher. Any idea on the possibility of deleting Uber Money part of the account once the credit has been used?
Not possible I'm afraid, although you can create a new Uber account.

Last edited:

Edvid

Established Member
I thought I’d try the Uber app for a ticket purchase today, for travel tomorrow, but couldn’t find any option to add a PlusBus ??
Deliberate policy, or an oversight?
Got a response from Omio and still can't say one way or the other.

Query
I regularly buy UK rail tickets through Uber, a white label client of yours (i.e. they use a rebranded form of your booking engine).

I am unable to buy PlusBus* add-on tickets from them, which I presume stems from being unable to buy them directly from you. Do you have plans to make them available for sale on your booking engine in the near future?

[ * Link - https://plusbus.info ]

Response
Thank you for getting in touch with us at Omio. I hope that you're doing well.

I really appreciate the interest about your preferences regarding your travels.

At the moment, we don't have any update about having available this service with us, but we are still working on having more traveling partners to improve the service to our costumers. Hopefully in the future we will be able to provide the service that you prefer with this one.

We will take very seriously this kind of feedbacks, costumers like you are our motor.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

James H

AI would probably know the difference between a costumer and customer. But yes I don’t think anyone at Omio has actively comprehended what you were asking.

kkong

AI would probably know the difference between a costumer and customer. But yes I don’t think anyone at Omio has actively comprehended what you were asking.

In my former career, a surprisingly large number of people whose first language wasn't English wrote "costumer" when they meant "customer"; this always gave me a chuckle due to the image it conjured up in my mind.

It wouldn't surprise me if whoever has trained the Omio chatbot has fed it similar data that has caused the same mistake.

800Travel

Has anyone received the cashback for transactions in the 1st half of March please? This is still missing for me. Thank you