• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UKR - The Ferry-go-Round - Saturday 20th October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Indeed. Could be a long wait at Nuneaton to cross as things stand! Still, at least breakfast's been ordered!

table38

Established Member
As we passed 60015, 70015 and 66015, I'm expecting 15 to come up on the lottery tonight :)

theblackwatch

Established Member
Excellent tour, did both loops as planned and two new engines for me, ran pretty much to time so ticked all the boxes for a good tour and the food was decent too (had pasty chips and beans for dinner!). Timekeeping meant I had time for a couple of beers in the Sheffield Tap before heading home. Thanks due to all especially Ian Loveday for his efforts and commentary.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Indeed, the commentary was rather good - I actually learnt more from him than I did in two years at GCSE!

The icing on the cake for me was Nuneaton - crossing the entire WCML will be almost impossible when the new flyover opens tomorrow (?), the three crossovers plus one connection was great, as was getting the crossovers at Sharnbrook Jn done! Coupled with everything else being done as advertised and the great at-seat food (in First at least :P) it was a brilliant day - even if I did eat half a plastic fork that snapped off into my food... :s

theblackwatch

Established Member
I assume you were in 'posh' rather than 'peasant' class Matt given that I didn't see you during the trip (and I walked through std once or twice)?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Coach A, so yes, I was in 'Posh' class (as I actually said in my post!). I was on at St Albans and off at Sheffield, I didn't see you at the latter however...

theblackwatch

Established Member
I missed that bit of your post - I did the same move as you. Coach A was at the back by Sheffield, I headed straight to the front when we arrived as it was the first chance to see/photograph 66095 at all.

table38

Established Member
I didn't get a chance to take any pictures at Crewe, so I also rushed to the front at Sheffield to get some shots of 66095, then this is the best one I got of 66197 as it went past.

I like the way I somehow managed to get the train stationary but everything else moving :oops:

IMAG1530.jpg

Attachments

• ukr-fgr.xls
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

KingboyD

Evnin, saw a pair of 66's top & tailing some carriages through Northwich yesterday, was it a tour?

Ta :)

KingboyD

Ah thanks, I did look at that thread but no routing info is there so I was not sure it was that.

GazzaB24

Indeed, the commentary was rather good - I actually learnt more from him than I did in two years at GCSE!

The icing on the cake for me was Nuneaton - crossing the entire WCML will be almost impossible when the new flyover opens tomorrow (?), the three crossovers plus one connection was great, as was getting the crossovers at Sharnbrook Jn done! Coupled with everything else being done as advertised and the great at-seat food (in First at least :P) it was a brilliant day - even if I did eat half a plastic fork that snapped off into my food... :s

I was sitting next to some guys more into track than I am and apparently we did a loop line on the approach to Sheffield near Brightside coming back from Ferrybridge? Anyway, good day out and I agree, the commentary wa very informative. Limited pics : http://www.flickr.com/photos/gbrailphotos/sets/72157631823140120/

Status
Not open for further replies.